Pond Boss
Posted By: Tbar Texas Hunter Feeder Problem - 03/06/22 07:51 PM
The blower motor has locked on and ran the feeder battery down. When I put a new battery in the blower comes on and stays on. I can manually cycle a feed and the auger will run, feed will throw but the fan never shuts off. I smell something burnt in the enclosure.

What do I need to do to fix this?
Posted By: esshup Re: Texas Hunter Feeder Problem - 03/06/22 08:33 PM
Originally Posted by Tbar
The blower motor has locked on and ran the feeder battery down. When I put a new battery in the blower comes on and stays on. I can manually cycle a feed and the auger will run, feed will throw but the fan never shuts off. I smell something burnt in the enclosure.

What do I need to do to fix this?

Call TH customer service on Monday. I would unplug the blower motor from the wire harness. I am guessing that either there is a short somewhere that is putting power to the blower motor continually, or the timer went bad.

Call them, you can buy a new timer if it's out of the warranty period. It's easy to replace - it's just plug and play.
Posted By: Tbar Re: Texas Hunter Feeder Problem - 03/06/22 10:33 PM
Thanks!
Posted By: esshup Re: Texas Hunter Feeder Problem - 03/07/22 06:10 PM
Out of all the TH feeders that we have sold, we haven't had an issue with any. With that said, I did purchase a used feeder from a member here a few years back for personal use. I believe it was about 5-7 years old when I got it, about 2 years later the timer went bad, (it actually got hot enough to melt a hole in it) and it also smoked the blower motor. I called them to buy parts because the unit was out of warranty by a few years and they sent out new parts N/C. That was before TH was sold (Pradco bought them), so I don't know if the new owners would do the same. The same people are working there though.
Posted By: Tbar Re: Texas Hunter Feeder Problem - 03/07/22 06:15 PM
Feeder was bought in Nov 2015 so it is out of warranty.

I called them this morning and a new timer is on the way.
Posted By: Bob Lusk Re: Texas Hunter Feeder Problem - 03/07/22 06:21 PM
Texas Hunter has, by far, the best customer service. They go above and beyond what's necessary. Love those guys...and their products are stellar.
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Texas Hunter Feeder Problem - 03/08/22 03:33 PM
My only problem has been water leaks around the sight window. That caused the feed to stick together into a big clump. When it worked down the hopper, it jammed the “throwing “ wheel. That burnt out the motor.

Be sure to caulk around windows. I would also recommend caulking the insides where the hopper is put together. It’s not a one piece hopper.
© Pond Boss Forum