Pond Boss
Posted By: Dergib Pond Water Testing - 09/11/22 04:08 PM
Bought some property attached to a large pond. Fishing has been awful this year. Last year I caught multiple fish every time. I even noticed that the minnow I bought for bait died much quicker in the tub in the pond than last year. It's been dry and the pond is down a good 18 inches. I'm guessing it might be due to water temps but I'm wondering if there is anything good out there on testing the water? I see some of these tests kits but they appear to be for a small fountain pond. Any help would be appreciated. Ive read the ph should be between 6.5 and 8 but haven't seen much of. W else. Thanks everyone. Plan to try and find an electro shock company in MI to see if the fish are there and I'm just not catching them.
Posted By: ewest Re: Pond Water Testing - 09/12/22 07:43 PM
See this https://forums.pondboss.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=92617#Post92617

Michigan

Soil & Plant Nutrient Lab
Michigan State University
Plant & Soil Sciences Building, Rm. A-81
East Lansing, MI 48824-1325
(517) 355-0218
Although you can send your soil sample directly to the lab, your best bet is to contact your local extension office to obtain a soil collection kit and fee schedule. (The lab will direct you to your local extension office if necessary.) Your soil test results will be sent to your extension office.
© Pond Boss Forum