Pond Boss
Posted By: bassman_67 What’s the best way? - 06/24/19 07:26 PM
Well I know I have posted about my dads pond and how muddy the water is. Well we thought we have fixed it by my cousin putting in a silt dam just north of our pond which in turn feeds into the pond. Now it seems the run off of water coming from the silt dam tube is making the pond very muddy and with all the rain we have had it seem like the water has not had a chance to clear. So I am wondering where the water comes out of the tube and goes into the north side of the pond, it’s very shallow and full of silt. So could I seed in some type of grass to help filter that water that way it’s not so muddy when it comes out of the tube? What would you recommend that I put there? Thank you!!
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: What’s the best way? - 06/26/19 11:17 AM
Bermuda
Posted By: Mike Whatley Re: What’s the best way? - 06/26/19 12:06 PM
Unless what your cousin spread on top is topsoil, it will be barren of nutrients. You'll probably have to spread ag/lawn lime and fertilizer on it before you sew your seed and then cover with straw to keep it from washing off.
Posted By: bassman_67 Re: What�s the best way? - 04/17/20 06:10 PM
Well its mostly all silt that comes down into the silt dam so probably wont need much fertilizer. How much Bermuda would I need?
© Pond Boss Forum