Pond Boss
Posted By: Agent Before and After Pics - 06/20/07 12:37 PM
I thought I would share some Before and Afters with everyone and also thank all for the information provided.

Pond

The first pic is actually better than it was when I bought it. That was the first day we added Gypsum. 22 tons of it, mostly in the eroded areas.

Next part of the project is to take care of the erosion areas. I've gotten most of the bad areas growing Bermuda, but there are some areas that may need an entire Round Bale to stop the race to the Bottom of the Sea :p
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Before and After Pics - 06/20/07 12:46 PM
Wow! That's a huge difference in clarity and appearance (for the better).
Posted By: Agent Re: Before and After Pics - 06/20/07 01:28 PM
Theo,

I went swimming in last weekend. My wife thought I was nuts. She said "It's all GREEN in there!"

I stuck a bottled water in the pond and held it up to her and she couldn't believe it looked like Aquafina ;\)

I have about 30-36" of visibility now, where it was zero in November. Some of the spots are 30 feet deep in the pond.

A lot more fun at feeding time, too!

chuck
Posted By: ewest Re: Before and After Pics - 06/20/07 02:15 PM
Nice job Chuck. Be sure to keep notes so you can pass this on next time someone posts a question on the subject.
Posted By: Captain1 Re: Before and After Pics - 07/09/07 03:40 AM
Agent, how big is your pond? I have a 2 acre pond that has a combination of stain from red clay and the white stain from the thin clay in the "water sand". I am thinking about adding gypsum. You used 22 tons! Sounds expensive!
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Before and After Pics - 07/09/07 10:45 AM
Pretty darned dramatic.
Posted By: Teresa Re: Before and After Pics - 07/09/07 03:45 PM
Agent, you inspire me. I hadn't tried gypsum ...yet.... Your water looks 100% better.
Posted By: Agent Re: Before and After Pics - 07/09/07 06:24 PM
 Quote:
Originally posted by Captain1:
Agent, how big is your pond? I have a 2 acre pond that has a combination of stain from red clay and the white stain from the thin clay in the "water sand". I am thinking about adding gypsum. You used 22 tons! Sounds expensive!
Captain1,

The Gypsum was 45 a Ton. The Pond is 5 acres now, after all the rain \:\)

I'd spend it again in a heartbeat.

Thanks, Teresa!
Posted By: Captain1 Re: Before and After Pics - 07/09/07 09:01 PM
Than,s that is significantly less expensive than I thought it would be. Where did you buy it?
Posted By: Agent Re: Before and After Pics - 07/09/07 09:25 PM
Captain1,

Paul Dorsett of Total Lake Management in put it in. I didn't have a tractor at the time, or might have called an Ag delivery place. I know the NRCS has lists of people who supply different chemicals and services. I have the list for Harris County and Waller County.
Posted By: Alligator Re: Before and After Pics - 07/10/07 01:54 PM
Agent - nice lookin pond you have there. Thanks for the pics, I love to see the improvements.
Posted By: Agent Re: Before and After Pics - 07/10/07 10:57 PM
 Quote:
Originally posted by Alligator:
Agent - nice lookin pond you have there. Thanks for the pics, I love to see the improvements.
My next goal is to have at least one tree :p
Posted By: Alligator Re: Before and After Pics - 07/11/07 01:13 AM
Nice pecan tree?
Posted By: gdwhite54 Re: Before and After Pics - 07/12/07 02:22 AM
 Quote:
Originally posted by Agent:
I thought I would share some Before and Afters with everyone and also thank all for the information provided.

Pond

The first pic is actually better than it was when I bought it. That was the first day we added Gypsum. 22 tons of it, mostly in the eroded areas.

Next part of the project is to take care of the erosion areas. I've gotten most of the bad areas growing Bermuda, but there are some areas that may need an entire Round Bale to stop the race to the Bottom of the Sea :p

Posted By: Mike28nc Re: Before and After Pics - 10/13/07 04:46 AM
Very nice. How did you come up with you needed 22 tons? Reason I am asking, We have a pond. About 8 houses live on it. The water is some what clear but would love for it to look like yours.

Mike
© Pond Boss Forum