Pond Boss
Posted By: TGW1 duck hunting and shore line plants ? - 02/29/16 12:10 PM
My pond has been losing between 1/4 to 1/2" of water per day for the last couple of months. Most likely due to evaporation and some to seepage. Pond is down around 12", maybe a little more. It has rained around 1.5 inches in the past 45 days or so. I have a good water well @ or around 55 gpm and the well will raise the pond somewhere between 1/4 to 1/2" per day when I run it. I wanted to plant some vegetation around the ponds edge to attract some ducks for next duck season, so I have not run the water well for the last 2 months, My thinking was to plant something to attract ducks and spring planting season is getting close. Planting seeds along the low waters edge and getting it growing and then raise the water level using the water well. Any ideas on what might work? And what can I plant without it taking over the pond. Suggestions welcome.

Thanks

Tracy
Posted By: esshup Re: duck hunting and shore line plants ? - 02/29/16 02:47 PM
Tracy, if you can find smartweed seeds, both ducks and doves love them. They will continue to grow if they get flooded once they are up out of the ground, but not as well as some other marginal.
© Pond Boss Forum