Pond Boss
Posted By: billfred Question about Aquathol - 03/10/23 07:23 PM
I used a small amount of aquathol super K granular last year to control some pond weed I had. Worked great.

This year, I can only find the larger quantities of super K = $$$$

Does the liquid form work just as well? I have a sprayer. Aside from being in granular form, is there anything "super" about the Super K?

I considered using the Hydrothol, but I'm concerned about the potential risk to fish.

Pond is about 1/2 acre (10 feet deep). No moving water flowing in or out.

Thanks,
Bill
Posted By: FireIsHot Re: Question about Aquathol - 03/10/23 08:34 PM
My experience with Aquathol liquid is about the same as Diquat. Aquathol is a little more expensive, but it works well. Also, I've lost fish with Hydrothol, but they were buried in the weeds I was treating. Fish that were roaming were fine. Depending on what the weeds are, Navigate is a 2 4-D granular that works well also.

What weeds are you targeting?
Posted By: billfred Re: Question about Aquathol - 03/10/23 10:12 PM
Mainly looking to kill off the American Pond Weed.
Posted By: esshup Re: Question about Aquathol - 03/11/23 12:13 PM
Bill:

Aquathol K is available in 1, 2.5 and 30 gallon containers. Aquathol Super K is available in 10 and 20 pound containers. The liquid has 40.3% Endothall Contains per gallon 4.23 lbs. dipotassium endothall The granular has a 63.0% concentration of Endothall. We can supply either liquid or granular. Where in Indiana are you?
Posted By: anthropic Re: Question about Aquathol - 03/11/23 03:22 PM
Like many southern pondmeisters, my bane is southern naiad, bushy pondweed. Is there anything I could put on a weedy section that would slowly kill it, without doing a lot of damage elsewhere? I do irrigate from the pond, but the intake is maybe 400 feet away from the area I'd like to treat. Would slowly dissolving pellets work best?
Posted By: esshup Re: Question about Aquathol - 03/11/23 05:42 PM
Originally Posted by anthropic
Like many southern pondmeisters, my bane is southern naiad, bushy pondweed. Is there anything I could put on a weedy section that would slowly kill it, without doing a lot of damage elsewhere? I do irrigate from the pond, but the intake is maybe 400 feet away from the area I'd like to treat. Would slowly dissolving pellets work best?

The only thing I can say is read the label and adhere to the irrigation restrictions to ensure that you don't kill the plants that you are watering.
© Pond Boss Forum