Pond Boss
Posted By: TraceyJo4 Bladderwort Control - 05/22/22 08:28 PM
I am fairly new to the Pond care arena. We are overrought with Bladderwort. Is there something that kills the bladderwort that does not harm good veggitation and fish.
Posted By: esshup Re: Bladderwort Control - 05/23/22 04:52 AM
I don't know of any pond herbicide that will only control bladderwort and not other beneficial pond plants. Triploid Grass Carp will eat it, but they will also eat other plants. You can weed razor/rake it out, but it's very labor intensive.
Posted By: RAH Re: Bladderwort Control - 05/23/22 10:24 AM
Can be beautiful stuff!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: Mainahs70 Re: Bladderwort Control - 05/26/22 03:07 PM
Is the pic a natural setting or man made?
Posted By: RAH Re: Bladderwort Control - 05/26/22 04:29 PM
We dug the wetland, but the bladderwort arrived on its own. We get a nice bloom every few years. Planted the weeping willow as a twig. This was former pasture land. Part of our habitat restoration work.
Posted By: anthropic Re: Bladderwort Control - 05/26/22 11:27 PM
Criminal that the local bureaucrats wouldn't let you do more. Sometimes it's more about flexing power muscle than actual good for the environment.
Posted By: andrew davis Re: Bladderwort Control - 06/26/22 09:57 PM
In very warm conditions, when waters are very still, a strong mix of copper sulphate applied directly to the bladderwort mass will be taken up and kill the mass and go diluted to benign when it spreads further away. Calculating a dose that would be harsh for a quarter size of the pond, focused only in the bladderwort area, would knock it back with limited collateral damage
© Pond Boss Forum