Pond Boss
Posted By: Augie treating for FA - 04/06/20 03:50 PM
This is 2nd spring with water in the pond, post-cleanout.

Currently have more FA than I'd like to see, and I'm hoping to get ahead of it before it becomes a problem.

Just began process of slow-roll aeration start up. It ran 60 minutes yesterday.
I started at 15 minutes/day and have been adding 15 minutes/day to the timer setting.
After it runs tomorrow I'll add 30 minutes/day to the timer setting, and continue adding 30 minutes/day until I get to six hours/daily run time.
Currently running mid-day. Water temp is 55° 18" below the surface - when it hits 65°F I'll switch to running from 2:00am to 8:00am.
Diffuser is set at 12' in 16' water.

Pond is 1/3 surface acre, estimated 1.8ac/ft capacity.

There is one floating mat of FA ~4'x16'. Thought I'd start treatment by spraying that and then see what happens from there.

Should I be safe from a big DO sag if I treat now with the Cutrine+, or do I wait until the air is running a bit longer?

I've never used this stuff before, so I'm a bit apprehensive. I've spent a decent amount of $$$ on fish, and I'd hate to kill them.
Posted By: Augie Re: treating for FA - 04/10/20 02:04 PM
Mother Nature did me a favor and blew the floating mat of snot grass into the corner between the dock and the pond dam.

Ten minutes with a rock rake and I was able to drag 95% of it out of the pond and onto dry land.
Didn't even have to get my feet wet.

I'm still curious about dumping Cutrine+ into the water.

I don't see how I can treat 1/3 of the pond when aeration is running?
© Pond Boss Forum