Pond Boss
Forgive me up front...I am clueless to this kind of thing. I just purchased a new home with about a 1/2 to 3/4 acre pond on it. When I moved in the pond was really low due to lack of rain in Alabama. In the last few months it has rained a whole bunch and the level of my pond has raised. Now I have weeds taking over my pond. They are rooted weeds that are not just floating. They look similar to fanwort weeds...not sure. I have purchased the weed razor and weed rake but this is going very very slow and not working the greatest because they are so thick. Is there something I can do or spray or something to make this easier and/or faster.
The pros will need pics.

I think they like a single strand/piece laid out on a white background, take pic.
Have you looked here to identify what you have?
Here is a picture of the weed...after going to the identify website...as I stated it looks like fanwort.

Attached picture photo.JPG
Maybe Chara?
After looking at you picture I am not sure what you have but my buest guess woud be Variable Leaf Watermilfoil. Don't go with my id though, I am just an novice at this.
Pretty sure it is Parrotfeather. What he describes is consistent with what I have seen in aquariums. Thick, heavy vegetation and heavy stems.

http://aquaplant.tamu.edu/plant-identification/alphabetical-index/parrotfeather/
Liquidsquid wins the cigar!
Parrotfeather can be removed by raking or seining it from the pond but will reestablish from any remaining fragments and roots.

(taken from TAMU website)

So, using the weed razor will just spread it.....
Ok so now that it looks like I have parrotfeather and that weed razor will spread it.....what are my options??? Any help is greatly appreciated.
A granular or liquid 2,4-D or triclopyr herbicide would work (Navigate, Weedar, Hardball, Renovate) on a spot-treatment basis.
2,4-D may be state limited-use in AL (require a license), but I'm not sure of that.
Glyphosate herbicides might do fair, but not as well as the others.
© Pond Boss Forum