Pond Boss
Posted By: one more cast Filamentous Algae and ? - 03/01/23 03:26 PM
[Linked Image]I am in Northwest Louisiana and this stuff has really taken off in my 5 acre pond in the last couple of months. The first is what I believe to be filamentous algae is that correct? I was a little surprised, because it seems like most grass problems seem to happen in the summer months, but this began during the coldest part of the winter.

The other I have no idea. It has kind of died off during the winter, but had really started to take off during the later part of last summer.

Attached picture IMG_4339.jpg
Posted By: ewest Re: Filamentous Algae and ? - 03/01/23 05:32 PM
Pics don't show. FA often spends the winter deep and floats up around now. See this thread from the Archives.

https://forums.pondboss.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=92633#Post92633
Posted By: one more cast Re: Filamentous Algae and ? - 03/01/23 07:12 PM
Thanks. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong with the pictures.
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Filamentous Algae and ? - 03/01/23 10:07 PM
Originally Posted by one more cast
Thanks. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong with the pictures.
You've got a lot of company there.
Posted By: esshup Re: Filamentous Algae and ? - 03/02/23 03:43 PM
You aren't doing anything wrong, The forum provider has screwed up how it shows linked pictures. To get a picture to show you have to store it on IMGUR or another image hosting site, then copy/paste the link to that image here. Send an email to leighann@pondboss.com. and tell her about the problem. The more people that do, the faster it will get resolved.
Posted By: LeighAnn Re: Filamentous Algae and ? - 03/07/23 12:05 AM
test

Attached picture av2.jpg
Posted By: LeighAnn Re: Filamentous Algae and ? - 03/07/23 12:11 AM
test

Attached picture 18990.jpg
Posted By: canyoncreek Re: Filamentous Algae and ? - 03/07/23 03:21 AM
??

Attached picture IMG-20210619-WA0027.jpg
Attached picture IMG-20170615-WA0002(1).jpg
Posted By: esshup Re: Filamentous Algae and ? - 03/07/23 04:23 AM
Originally Posted by canyoncreek
??

I had an email from LeighAnn saying that the forum provider was going to try and fix the image attachment problem today. Maybe they got it figured out.
Posted By: anthropic Re: Filamentous Algae and ? - 03/07/23 06:06 AM
Originally Posted by one more cast
[Linked Image]I am in Northwest Louisiana and this stuff has really taken off in my 5 acre pond in the last couple of months. The first is what I believe to be filamentous algae is that correct? I was a little surprised, because it seems like most grass problems seem to happen in the summer months, but this began during the coldest part of the winter.

The other I have no idea. It has kind of died off during the winter, but had really started to take off during the later part of last summer.

We're neighbors, onemore, though my pond is in Texas. One benefit of the Long Star State is that we can legally stock tilapia, which eat algae & keep the problem at bay. (Unfortunately, tilapia don't eat bushy pondweed, southern naiad. For that I need grass carp.)

I believe there are algaecides available you might look into. Good luck!
Posted By: canyoncreek Re: Filamentous Algae and ? - 03/08/23 01:28 AM
one more cast, if you see this, give it a whirl and creating a new post and trying to attach that same photo again. The link didn't work the first time but it might work now. Then we can see your picture!
© Pond Boss Forum