Pond Boss
Posted By: toledo Pondweed ID? - 06/14/21 03:15 AM
Pond was a mud hole last summer. It filled and cleared and this stuff popped up. Small yellow flower.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: anthropic Re: Pondweed ID? - 06/14/21 04:15 AM
Yellow primrose?
Posted By: jim100 Re: Pondweed ID? - 06/14/21 10:56 PM
Maybe a water buttercup? Feel like I have seen a yellow flower with a bladder wort as well.
Posted By: Augie Re: Pondweed ID? - 06/15/21 12:59 AM
It's hard to tell from that blurry picture, but I'm with you on the bladderwort.
Posted By: Steve_ Re: Pondweed ID? - 06/15/21 02:47 AM
Doesn't bladderwort have kind of a starfish pattern with a flower coming out of the middle? But its hard to tell, a close-up pic would be help.
Posted By: Augie Re: Pondweed ID? - 06/15/21 12:26 PM
If it does turn out to be bladderwort I would think seriously about leaving some of it. My pond had it before the Great Muskrat Invasion of 2020.
I pulled a rake load up to see what it was and what was in it, and was astounded at the number of fish fry, snails, bugs, etc. hiding in there.
It also makes some nice shade, which helps to keep the water just a little bit cooler.
Posted By: toledo Re: Pondweed ID? - 06/15/21 12:49 PM
I came up with bladderwort also bit the starfish leaves aren't there. With the exception of the flowers, it looks like a pondweed.

I'll get some better pics.
Posted By: toledo Re: Pondweed ID? - 06/18/21 03:19 AM
Better pics.

Posted By: BrianL Re: Pondweed ID? - 06/18/21 08:51 PM
I see bushy pond weed, FA, and american pond weed.. The bulk of it being brushy pond weed.
Posted By: toledo Re: Pondweed ID? - 06/18/21 10:05 PM
Didn't realize the bushy pondweed would put out yellow flowers like that?
Posted By: TGW1 Re: Pondweed ID? - 06/23/21 11:38 AM
Originally Posted by BrianL
I see bushy pond weed, FA, and american pond weed.. The bulk of it being brushy pond weed.

I agree with you. that's what i see in the picture
© Pond Boss Forum