Pond Boss
Posted By: Mook Blue stuff??? Please help identify - 09/11/10 03:48 PM
[img:center]http://www.pondboss.com/forums/gallery/49/medium/1003.jpg[/img[/img]

This stuff is floating in my pond all over - any ideas?

Mook
Posted By: Todd3138 Re: Blue stuff??? Please help identify - 09/11/10 04:23 PM
Hey, mook, welcome to Pond Boss Forums! Great to have you here.

I have absolutely NO idea what that stuff is, assuming someone didn't melt a smurf and pour it into your pond! Sometimes the weekends can be a little slow here (all the pondmeisters are usually out enjoying our ponds - I'm heading out shortly!), but hang tight and you'll get some feedback from folks who really know their stuff.

I noticed your pics in the photos thread, too, but suggest that you also make a post in the New Members section of the forum. Tell us a little about yourself, your pond, and your management goals with your pond.

Again, welcome!
Posted By: Cecil Baird1 Re: Blue stuff??? Please help identify - 09/11/10 04:50 PM
Looks like some kind of oil emulsion had been brought up due to a possible turn over. If your fish are feeding fine I wouldn't worry about it. Even without a turn over it's not unusual to see bubbles of methane come up from a pond or lake bottom.

I will say when I was feeding 400 largemouths at a time I would see the same thing come up from some of their anuses. I kid you not! In that case i suppose you would call it breaking water vs. breaking wind! grin
Posted By: Joeyleach Re: Blue stuff??? Please help identify - 12/17/10 05:22 PM
Not oil. This is a bluegreen algae bloom. Smells bad too I bet. Use a chelated algicide like Captain or Cutrine plus or cutrine ultra.
Posted By: andedammen Re: Blue stuff??? Please help identify - 12/17/10 06:22 PM
Originally Posted By: Joeyleach
Not oil. This is a bluegreen algae bloom. Smells bad too I bet. Use a chelated algicide like Captain or Cutrine plus or cutrine ultra.

Welcomme aboard on the forum, how can you tell?
I'm impresed.
© Pond Boss Forum