Pond Boss
Posted By: jixxxer question........... - 05/08/08 08:13 PM
I have a small pond maybe .25 acres at most, 2' deep at one end transitioning to about 6' deep or so. I have a water line ran to the deck with a faucet there. What it help any if I ran the water line to the pond, come up to the surface with the pvc and make the water shoot out from there? Kinda hard to explain what im thinking, but let me know if u have any other questions. I cant afford to buy and areator at this point.
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: question........... - 05/08/08 08:21 PM
jixxxer:

With a hose, pressurized water, and a "sweeper nozzle" (or a pipe plug and an electric drill) you can implement Horizontal Aeration.
Posted By: scruffy_fish Re: question........... - 05/15/08 03:53 PM
Just read the HA thresd looks like it might help my pond siduation. A more natural look than a water fountain or bubbler.
I have a small well at my pond site that I used for awhile last season when the water table allowed. Now the out let to the well is under about 6 inches of water, I think I will activate it and see if the horizontal aeration will work.

BTW, How do you measure DO?
Is there a meter that you can purchase or another method? And how do you get DO readings at the bottom of the water colume?
Posted By: adirondack pond Re: question........... - 05/15/08 07:06 PM
Scruffy,
You can test your D.O. with a Tetra O2 kit, the're only about 10 bucks.
© Pond Boss Forum