Pond Boss
Posted By: For the Family Vertex Diffusers - 03/20/24 07:19 AM
I have a 2.8 acre pond. I am curious how much water will the 4 head diffuser move.
Posted By: esshup Re: Vertex Diffusers - 03/20/24 02:02 PM
Originally Posted by For the Family
I have a 2.8 acre pond. I am curious how much water will the 4 head diffuser move.

At what depth, and how much air are you getting to the airstation?
Posted By: Bill Cody Re: Vertex Diffusers - 03/20/24 06:35 PM
esshup as a Vertex dealer has his information correct about diffuser water movement. The taller the water column above the diffuser the more water that gets incorporated into the surface boil. Example for a five head diffuser set at 10 ft deep with each head receiving about 1cfm of air, the total water moved is 597,000 gallons / hour. And when that same 5 head diffuser is at 16ft deep it moves 747,000gal/hour. Set it at 20ft and it moves 825,000 gal/Hr.
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Vertex Diffusers - 03/20/24 07:32 PM
Originally Posted by Bill Cody
esshup as a Vertex dealer ...
Ooooooh - I'm gonna sock that piece of info away for future use.
Posted By: esshup Re: Vertex Diffusers - 03/20/24 08:04 PM
Theo, FWIW Vertex does their annual price increase effective April 1st.
Posted By: For the Family Re: Vertex Diffusers - 04/13/24 06:56 AM
Id install it at 15ft deep. I'd say 1 acre is that deep and moves up to shelves for spawning from there.

I don't have ANYTHING installed yet. I have 2 ponds and was wondering if I could use the 2-diffuser head in the other pond.

Is there a product that diverts the air from 1 pump to alternate between LP valves/air lines?

I want to use the same pump for 2 ponds just have it kick on at different times.
Posted By: esshup Re: Vertex Diffusers - 04/13/24 02:27 PM
Originally Posted by For the Family
Id install it at 15ft deep. I'd say 1 acre is that deep and moves up to shelves for spawning from there.

I don't have ANYTHING installed yet. I have 2 ponds and was wondering if I could use the 2-diffuser head in the other pond.

Is there a product that diverts the air from 1 pump to alternate between LP valves/air lines?

I want to use the same pump for 2 ponds just have it kick on at different times.

Roughly 8,700 gallons of water per minute (approximately 522,000 gallons per hour). That is at 15' depth, and the compressor needs to supply 4 cfm at that depth to achieve those lifting rates.

Yes, Vertex makes Remote Valve Box Manifolds from 2 to 8 valves. They are basically underground sprinkler boxes that are mounted with the top flush with the ground so they can be mowed over. They come supplied with a fitting to accept 1" PVC but that can be adapted up or down in size if needed. One line coming in from the compressor, then the lines going out go to the air stations that are in the pond. Each "out" has a ball valve to adjust air flow.
© Pond Boss Forum