Pond Boss
Posted By: Billy Bates Non weighted air line - 06/15/22 10:16 PM
I need about 150 ft of non weighted air line (1/2” ID) and a check valve that’ll fit the same inside diameter hose . Where is the best place to order or obtain this. I have the rest of my components in hand or already ordered. Thanks
Posted By: Bill Cody Re: Non weighted air line - 06/16/22 02:16 AM
If airline is underground then use sold 1/2" black poly irrigation tubing which is actually 5/8"ID (most big box stores). For non weighted underwater consider non kinkable garden hose or use the 1/2" black poly, Check verify its ID before getting the fittings. Check valves usually need to be adapted to the ID of the airline. Look at plastic Brady Ck valves usually 3/4" threads.
Weights can be rebar aka rerod, chain, i've used metal fence posts, Bricks 6 ft apart tend to want to kink the airline too easily when lifting and cleaning the diffusers. Pulsing air to the diffuser does a very poor job of cleaning the membranes.
Posted By: Billy Bates Re: Non weighted air line - 06/16/22 09:47 PM
I’m running about 100-120 ft partially under ground to the water’s edge, from there I have 100 ft of weighted 1/2” inside diameter hose to run out into the water to a single diffuser. I know I need/want a check valve just wanted to make sure I’m buying the components that fit what I already have or have ordered up to this point.
© Pond Boss Forum