Pond Boss
Posted By: Flame Kasco diffuser hose replacement? - 09/11/21 03:12 PM
Finally had my grandson help me pull up one of my 3 Kasco brand pvc type diffusers up. it had been blowing straight air up and not little foam like it should. Discovered 2 pieces of the "foam" looking curved hose was broken or rotton and needs replaced. All pvc looks good and weighted air line looked great. Where do I buy the foam hose or is it the same as soaker hose you can buy at the hardware store?
Posted By: esshup Re: Kasco diffuser hose replacement? - 09/11/21 05:13 PM
Originally Posted by Flame
Finally had my grandson help me pull up one of my 3 Kasco brand pvc type diffusers up. it had been blowing straight air up and not little foam like it should. Discovered 2 pieces of the "foam" looking curved hose was broken or rotton and needs replaced. All pvc looks good and weighted air line looked great. Where do I buy the foam hose or is it the same as soaker hose you can buy at the hardware store?

Why not replace it with a membrane type diffuser(s)?
Posted By: Flame Re: Kasco diffuser hose replacement? - 09/11/21 05:32 PM
I really like what I have and there is 3 of them. they have worked for 5 or 6 years. Paid good money for them. How would I hook a membrane type onto the gravel filled sinking bases I already have? is membrane type supposed to be superior to my style? i would consider it if I knew more about it. Thanks
Posted By: esshup Re: Kasco diffuser hose replacement? - 09/12/21 09:09 AM
If you have DIY skills, you can make a manifold out of PVC pipe with 3./4" FIP fittings to screw in Vertex diffusers and attach that to your gravel filled base.

If you really like what you have, then I suggest you contact Kasco to purchase replacements. I have Vertex diffusers in the pond that are more than twice your Kasco diffusers age and they are still working without any problems. The Vertex membrane diffusers are warranted for 5 years from date of purchase.
Posted By: Flame Re: Kasco diffuser hose replacement? - 09/12/21 11:52 AM
Thanks ESSHUP. I reached out to the people that sold me my system. "Living water" I believe. Lady took my message and said she would have a tech get back with me. Maybe they are closed on the weekend but have not heard back yet. Will wait till monday. may have a hurricane coming in on me in the next several days!! I'm 2 foot low right now. That's why I went ahead and pulled it up now before the rains hit!!
Posted By: Flame Re: Kasco diffuser hose replacement? - 09/13/21 07:53 PM
ESSHUP, Kasco is sending me a replacement set of diffuser hoses for ONE diffuser at no charge. Apparantly they don't sell the bubbling hose by the foot or the roll. They want to sell me 2 more rebuild kits at nearly $50 each for the other 2 diffusers. each kit consists of 4 "U" shaped replacement hoses. Just giving you the update like I promised.
© Pond Boss Forum