Pond Boss
Posted By: bub Aerator attached to Bike or treadmill? - 08/08/14 01:40 AM
New to forum, haven't seen anything on this topic.
Background: I have 1/3 acre pond with Koenders windmill aerator. Removed alot of cattails and still have alot of muck to deal with.
More aeration will likely be desirable since limited wind. what i'd really like to do is connect another stone diffuser to my stationary bike, or perhaps treadmill....kill two birds with one diffusing stone...exercise and aeration.
Has anybody ever heard of such a beast? I'd expect it is do-able, but curious non how difficult it may be.

thanks.
Posted By: Rainman Re: Aerator attached to Bike or treadmill? - 08/08/14 01:55 AM
Sounds like a fun, creative project to build. If you want more aeration from the same air, use Vertex Membrane diffusers instead of stone. You'll move much more water with the MUCH smaller, larger volume of air bubbles
Posted By: sprkplug Re: Aerator attached to Bike or treadmill? - 08/08/14 02:09 AM
I wonder where the most efficient use of the stationary bike lies....moving air in the first sense, as in a mechanical effort that produces air as long as the pedals are turned, vs. using the bike to generate and possibly store electricity for a more conventional aeration system?

Either way, I'm so out of shape that I fear neither me nor the fish would benefit greatly from my efforts.
This wouldn't be efficient for me....You know with having a electric motor running the treadmill while i sit back with a cold one it'd be kinda pointless lol..
© Pond Boss Forum