Pond Boss
Posted By: Deancutler Texas Hunter Feeder - 02/04/23 01:48 PM
Good morning everyone,

I have 2 TH feeders on my pond and one of them has never seemed to throw the same amount of feed as the other. Recently, it seems to throw even less feed. Currently, one feeder goes through half of the feed as the second feeder. Without unloading the hopper, how do I adjust the feed rate without just upping the throw time. My fear is that it may self correct or adjust and start over throwing feed. I have only used the optimal feed in both feeders and one has always consumed more than the other, so I do not feel that it is a jamb but I have not emptied the hopper to investigate.

TH has nothing on their website about this nor does YouTube.

Thanks in advance,

Dean
Posted By: Pat Williamson Re: Texas Hunter Feeder - 02/04/23 10:03 PM
]Think you can adjust the feeder by taking it partially apart from the side where the solar panel is

Anthropic jump in here….. didn’t you have the same problem?
Posted By: anthropic Re: Texas Hunter Feeder - 02/05/23 12:16 AM
Hey, Dean. I've had the same issue on TH feeders purchased in the last few years, though oddly not prior to that.

You can adjust how much the hopper opens, or, if you want, just adjust the time throwing feed. I trust myself more with the timer, tbh. It's usually best to throw about the same amount of feed from each feeder, regardless of how much time it takes.
Posted By: Deancutler Re: Texas Hunter Feeder - 02/05/23 12:18 AM
Hey Anthropic,

How do you adjust the hopper opening?

Dean
Posted By: esshup Re: Texas Hunter Feeder - 02/05/23 12:39 AM
To throw more or less feed for the same timer setting, you adjust the spin plate up or down a little bit. I had mine set at 5/16" and I had to move the spin plate down a hair when feeding straight Optimal Bass Food. I put some Optimal BG food in it and I will have to tighten it back up a bit because the fan is sucking the food out without the spin plate spinning.

I typically mix a bag of Optimal BG and Optimal Bass together.

Take the side cover off (the four 1/4 turn fasteners). Then use a phillips screwdriver to take off the top plastic "chute" cover. That allows you to get access to the spin plate allen screw (set screw) that holds it onto the motor shaft.
Posted By: Deancutler Re: Texas Hunter Feeder - 02/05/23 12:42 AM
Thanks!!
Posted By: Tbar Re: Texas Hunter Feeder - 02/07/23 06:32 PM
Tag for future reference.
Posted By: optimalfishfood Re: Texas Hunter Feeder - 02/16/23 02:50 PM
[video:youtube]
[/video]
Posted By: Pat Williamson Re: Texas Hunter Feeder - 02/17/23 03:46 PM
Can a person buy parts for your feeders (deer and fish)? If’s so how
Posted By: Rainman Re: Texas Hunter Feeder - 02/17/23 06:11 PM
Originally Posted by Pat Williamson
Can a person buy parts for your feeders (deer and fish)? If’s so how

All parts are available from Texas Hunter in San Antonio
Posted By: esshup Re: Texas Hunter Feeder - 02/18/23 05:32 AM
TH Feeders are on Eastern Time and I believe they open at 8am their time. Their phone number is 800-969-3337
© Pond Boss Forum