Pond Boss
Posted By: azteca Eggs and Soymilk for Yellow-perch larvae. - 12/01/21 08:12 PM
Hello.

This winter I am studying all the ways to make my Yellow-perch larvae survive with my installation without Zooplankton only with Soymilk and Chicken eggs.

Many find that the eggs pollutes the water in aquariums with will not be the case in my little pond.

I'm quite familiar with the conventional method this year I will have fun with other methods.

All information is welcome.

Among all my research I found this site.

https://www.fao.org/3/x5738e/x5738e0p.htm
A+
Posted By: Sunil Re: Eggs and Soymilk for Yellow-perch larvae. - 12/01/21 09:52 PM
I look forward to the results!!
Me too
Posted By: azteca Re: Eggs and Soymilk for Yellow-perch larvae. - 12/10/21 09:11 PM
Hello.

Here if it works, it would solve the Zooplankton problem.
A+
Posted By: azteca Re: Eggs and Soymilk for Yellow-perch larvae. - 01/06/22 06:05 PM
Hello.

Among the artificial food for the Larvae, there is also Yeast.

I have already used Yeast for Daphnia.

In my small pond I will put 3 Light spots, the food will be given by capillarity for the first month approximately, then Daphnia in large quantities for the following weeks.

This season no Fichmeal will be given to the fry.
A+
Sounds like an excellent "mad scientist" experiment.

If we see any photos of Yellow Perch with bolts sticking out of their necks, then we will know that you have successfully raised "Frankenfish"!

Good luck on all of your projects for 2022!
Posted By: azteca Re: Eggs and Soymilk for Yellow-perch larvae. - 01/06/22 09:30 PM
About 40% of what we catch is used to feed animals intended for human consumption.

If we do not want to continue to empty the oceans it is high time to find alternatives.
Posted By: esshup Re: Eggs and Soymilk for Yellow-perch larvae. - 01/06/22 09:40 PM
Originally Posted by azteca
About 40% of what we catch is used to feed animals intended for human consumption.

If we do not want to continue to empty the oceans it is high time to find alternatives.

Not only oceans but lakes and rivers. Look at the Beluga Sturgeon population in the Caspian Sea and surrounding area.
© Pond Boss Forum