Pond Boss
Posted By: Kyscentlok Optimal vs Purina. Optimal for the Win - 05/28/21 11:42 PM
I switched from Purina MVP to Optimal Fish Food
Bluegill. Seen several studies where people said optimal was far superior. I truly didn’t believe it.
Absolutely no comparison on what the fish like better.
Texas Hunter feeder on 6 seconds. Fish would take close to 4 minutes to eat Purina. Optimal gone in less than 45 seconds. I am not a dealer or rep. Just relaying information.
Posted By: Bill Cody Re: Optimal vs Purina. Optimal for the Win - 05/28/21 11:49 PM
Also watch for a noticeable improvement is growth rate of your bluegill. Look for the sizes of young of year and 2nd year BG in the fall to be larger.
Bill Cody. Can’t wait to see the growth! Thanks
Posted By: anthropic Re: Optimal vs Purina. Optimal for the Win - 05/29/21 12:07 AM
Originally Posted by Kyscentlok
I switched from Purina MVP to Optimal Fish Food
Bluegill. Seen several studies where people said optimal was far superior. I truly didn’t believe it.
Absolutely no comparison on what the fish like better.
Texas Hunter feeder on 6 seconds. Fish would take close to 4 minutes to eat Purina. Optimal gone in less than 45 seconds. I am not a dealer or rep. Just relaying information.

Interesting results. I've fed with both, and the fish seemed to love both. Of course, most of my panfish are CNBG rather than BG, which may make a difference.
Posted By: jpsdad Re: Optimal vs Purina. Optimal for the Win - 05/29/21 01:55 PM
I wouldn't put too much stock in palatability. While it can induce greater consumption ... Few people feed to satiation.

The thing to remember is this. Palatability has very little to do with nutrition. Feed makers have been adding flavor enhancers for decades to make feed more palatable. Perhaps the food you have forsaken is more nutritious.

This is often the case with us humans. We are often induced to eat flavor enhanced foods that taste good but have very poor nutritional properties. Think chips, candy, pastries, etc.
Posted By: anthropic Re: Optimal vs Purina. Optimal for the Win - 05/29/21 07:56 PM
Originally Posted by jpsdad
I wouldn't put too much stock in palatability. While it can induce greater consumption ... Few people feed to satiation.

The thing to remember is this. Palatability has very little to do with nutrition. Feed makers have been adding flavor enhancers for decades to make feed more palatable. Perhaps the food you have forsaken is more nutritious.

This is often the case with us humans. We are often induced to eat flavor enhanced foods that taste good but have very poor nutritional properties. Think chips, candy, pastries, etc.

Thank goodness there's always Slim Jims!
Posted By: Sunil Re: Optimal vs Purina. Optimal for the Win - 05/29/21 10:39 PM
Originally Posted by anthropic
Originally Posted by jpsdad

Thank goodness there's always Slim Jims!

...and those pink/red Firecracker/Hot "Sausages" things made with mechanically separated chicken....
Ford vs Chevy
Posted By: RStringer Re: Optimal vs Purina. Optimal for the Win - 05/30/21 01:37 AM
I pick Jeep. We have his and hers.
[Linked Image from forums.pondboss.com]
[Linked Image from forums.pondboss.com]

Attached picture Screenshot_20210519-170514_Gallery.jpg
Attached picture Screenshot_20210529-203651_Gallery.jpg
Posted By: esshup Re: Optimal vs Purina. Optimal for the Win - 05/30/21 01:59 AM
^^^ A jack under one and the 2nd one looks like it's piddling on the driveway it's so happy to see it's owner. LOL
Posted By: RStringer Re: Optimal vs Purina. Optimal for the Win - 05/30/21 03:31 AM
The jack was from putting brand new rubbers on it. The puddle was she washing it. Also love the humor also love my resale value
Posted By: Bobbss Re: Optimal vs Purina. Optimal for the Win - 05/30/21 06:34 PM
Rusto, I couldn't believe how well they hold their value. The wife had been wanting to buy one for a long time just for a toy, so we did a few months ago and I couldn't believe how much a used one cost.

As for Optimal,.my fish seem to love it and do good on it but the only other thing I've tried is the cheap stuff.
© Pond Boss Forum