Pond Boss
Posted By: DannyMac MVP on Amazon, free ship - 05/28/21 12:39 AM
Purina MVP on Amazon, 50 pounds, $79 plus tax, free shipping, here in five days. I just put off ordering Optimal Bass (3/8") and will give this a run...I've used both and, relatively, they're equivalent in my mind for their nutrition, versus the lesser protein feeds. But I am also going to order more Optimal big Bass (3/4"), cuz they all just love it, even the smallest baby gambusia...working to push it to the edge...and then, whoomp!, either of a bass or four large channel cats. I have a few F1 type bass in a small koi pond, going on a year old, and a big bass pellet is gone when it hits the water..but they only want one or two each.
Posted By: anthropic Re: MVP on Amazon, free ship - 05/28/21 01:06 AM
Dan, do you have any Purina stores nearby? I buy a 50 lb sack of MVP for close to $50, even a bit less sometimes.
Posted By: DannyMac Re: MVP on Amazon, free ship - 05/28/21 01:58 PM
Yes sir, there is one about ten miles away...a great big operation...they stock a few bags of the Sportfish, but not MVP. I didn't look into placing an order with them...they were busy loading some guys trailer with many bags of horse and cattle feed. A fifty pound bag will last me about three months...the MVP on Amazon was near the cost of Optimal, so I was happy to see that. In the past, MVP on Amazon was priced right but then had an extreme shipping cost.
Posted By: Snipe Re: MVP on Amazon, free ship - 05/28/21 04:15 PM
VERY interesting... Thanks for the post Danny Mac!
Posted By: BrianL Re: MVP on Amazon, free ship - 05/28/21 04:22 PM
I order MVP at local feed store and runs about $43-45/bag. Guess it depends on the size of their weekly order how much it cost. They normally have a couple bags in stock.
Posted By: John Kruid Re: MVP on Amazon, free ship - 06/16/21 08:00 PM
Same here, MVP is around $50.00 at the store.
© Pond Boss Forum