Pond Boss
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Skretting Recommendations [Cody?] - 03/03/21 07:23 PM
I've used Skretting feed in the past with good results - palatability was very high and the pellet quality [significant fish oil] was apparent. There's a lot more that goes into making the best feed [macro/micro nutrients, amino acids, conversion, etc.] but wanted to implement some Skretting back into my regimen this season.

https://www.skrettingusa.com/collections/all

In the past I used the Steelhead formula - hoping for some feedback on the following:

Thoughts on max size TH feeder can handle? 9.5 mm?

Which formula would be best for SMB/HSB? [Classic Bass I'm assuming]

Formula for BG? [Steelhead MB or is protein level too hot?]

Interested to hear your feedback!
Posted By: FireIsHot Re: Skretting Recommendations [Cody?] - 03/03/21 10:30 PM
Bill will know the technical stuff. Me, not so much.

Just my experience over the last 4-5 years, but a TH feeder will not reliably throw 9.5mm(3/8') pellets. That size is all I use for my larger CNBG, and it's why I went to Sweeney feeders. I've used Skretting, but just as a starter. 2.2mm #2, and very hot.
Posted By: esshup Re: Skretting Recommendations [Cody?] - 03/04/21 01:38 AM
I have yet to get off my duff and try the part for the TH feeder that I had 3D printed. Hopefully it will eliminate the problem with the TH feeders bridging and clogging with the 3/8" pellets.
Posted By: Bill Cody Re: Skretting Recommendations [Cody?] - 03/04/21 01:59 AM
For your BG I think the Skretting classic trout (40/12) would be a good food. If you are feeding bass for growth I would use their bass pellet (48/18). This food a local farm uses it and gets great results for producing LMB.
Posted By: anthropic Re: Skretting Recommendations [Cody?] - 03/04/21 06:50 AM
Originally Posted by FireIsHot
Bill will know the technical stuff. Me, not so much.

Just my experience over the last 4-5 years, but a TH feeder will not reliably throw 9.5mm(3/8') pellets. That size is all I use for my larger CNBG, and it's why I went to Sweeney feeders. I've used Skretting, but just as a starter. 2.2mm #2, and very hot.

I've had the same issue with TH feeders. Even adjusted, they eventually jam up with 3/8 pellets.
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Skretting Recommendations [Cody?] - 03/04/21 11:48 AM
I can't help but paraphrase the old Kipling joke.

"Do you like Skretting?"

"I don't know, you silly boy, I've never Skretted."
© Pond Boss Forum