Pond Boss
Posted By: TGW1 Feeder not working/thoughts - 04/19/20 06:52 PM
Hay guys, could use a little help with my TH feeder. 250lb size. I sent TH an email through their contact number at the site and pretty sure they will get back but here is the problem and I could use a little help if you can.

I noticed the feeder not going off during the feeding setting time. investigation showed me it would not dispense feed when I ran it through the test cycle either.
The panel will do the countdown to 0 and then nothing happens. No noise or anything. Just dead. No blower sounds and no dispensing plate movement below the funnel. Any ideas on what might be going on?

Thanks
Posted By: FireIsHot Re: Feeder not working/thoughts - 04/19/20 09:06 PM
Tracy, I'd put a hot battery in it, and try again. The blower takes more juice than the spinner, and the spinner takes more juice than the controller.
Posted By: anthropic Re: Feeder not working/thoughts - 04/19/20 09:14 PM
Hey, Tracy. I've had the same problem.

You may not need a new battery. Check for corrosion buildup where battery terminals mate with wires to controller. Kinda greenish, inevitable over time in humid climate. When cleaned out with a toothbrush, toothpick, and Coke, the "dead" battery came to life for me. Hope that helps!
Posted By: TGW1 Re: Feeder not working/thoughts - 04/20/20 11:44 AM
Thanks guys, I will trade out the battery from one of the other active feeders and see what happens. I did look for corrosion at the battery connections but none there and the battery solar charger shows battery charged. I will give it a closer look see. As I started to look at the feeder we started getting thunder and lightning so my inspection was quick and maybe not so good. I did manage to clean out the feeder funnel and spinner area.
© Pond Boss Forum