Pond Boss
Posted By: Brad346 Feeders and bears - 04/01/19 01:22 AM
I see a lot of advertising for feeders in the magazine. Has anyone tried one in bear country? Are any of them bear proof? The last time I tried to feed my fish, I put the feed in a metal trash can and ratchet strapped the lid down. The bear bent the lid off around the strap. No more fish food and the makings of a problem bear if I put food out again.

Thanks for the advice.
Posted By: cb100 Re: Feeders and bears - 04/01/19 01:26 AM
Or the making for a bear hunt
Posted By: blavis Re: Feeders and bears - 04/20/19 03:49 PM
One and done game feeders may work for ya. They state that they are bear proof. I just started a thread this morning asking if anybody knew of their quality. Haven't heard back yet.

Check em out.
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Feeders and bears - 04/22/19 08:05 PM
I remember a picture somewhere showing a feeder hanging on a big rope or cable over a pond. Next pic showed a bear hanging by all four feet at the feeder.
Posted By: Mark Brown Re: Feeders and bears - 08/01/20 02:47 PM
I have been using Pond King floating fish feeders for years now and we have an overabundance of bears. last week one completely destroyed my best producing peach tree. So far I have had 1 bear get into the fish feeder and other than breaking the lid off I haven't had a problem. They work. However, raccoons have figured out that if they get on the feeder floats and rock it the feed falls out of the pan and into the water. I have 2 feeders set at 1 second each once a day and am going through a bag and a half of feed per week in each feeder whereas before I was getting a week per bag. This is getting expensive!
Posted By: wbuffetjr Re: Feeders and bears - 08/01/20 04:59 PM
If you figure out how to stop bears from doing basically whatever they want, let me know!
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Feeders and bears - 08/01/20 05:21 PM
SSS
Posted By: esshup Re: Feeders and bears - 08/10/20 05:06 AM
Electric fence.
© Pond Boss Forum