Pond Boss
Posted By: wpr100 Looking for further advice - 09/17/15 04:13 PM
I'm sure this has been asked several times in one form or another, but I can't seem to find the question specifically. So, I ask for your patience. Our small half acre pond was redug and stocked w/ CC, BG, Redear SF, Golden Shiners and FH minnows about 4 years ago. LMB followed about 6 mos later. I have been using a TH feeder, feeding Aquamax 600 Sport Fish for the last year or so. I also threw in some Aquamax for catfish/tilapia, because someone gave it to me. All has gone well - great little pond for grand kids.

LMB are in the 18 in range and BG around 8-9.5 in. Not sure about the CC as we have not really fished for them this year. However, at the end of last season, I caught and released a few that were in the 21-23 in range. My question is this - should I keep feeding the Aquamax 600 or switch to something that would include something for the CC? Thanks, all!
Posted By: esshup Re: Looking for further advice - 09/18/15 03:53 PM
You can keep feeding the same food. I would start a harvesting program, i.e. start removing fish from the pond. Take out any large CC that you catch and don't release any. Remove 10 pounds or more of LMB per year too.
© Pond Boss Forum