Pond Boss
Posted By: jstiz Fish Feed HELP! - 05/07/14 05:00 PM
So when I was at Jones last time picking up a few catfish, I asked them for some feed for bluegill and catfish. They sold me a heaping bag of unmarked food. They said my bluegill could handle it. That wasn't true. They come up and bite the food but lose it 2 seconds later. So when I was recently at Tractor Supply I bought a bag of Purina variable sized fish feed. The bluegill have been eating the little pellets out of this like crazy!! What fish food should I be feeding my bluegill to make them frying pan certified ASAP. Also is there a place to buy it online?

My Bluegill are nesting where I have been feeding them this year. Is that normal.. I mean I have never seen so many nest or bluegill!
Posted By: jstiz Re: Fish Feed HELP! - 05/07/14 07:02 PM
Never-mind, after I read some threads of previous questions, think I got the data I was looking for but just where to buy it aquamax from?

Looks like my gamechow isn't all it could be....
Posted By: DNickolaus Re: Fish Feed HELP! - 05/07/14 07:09 PM
http://aquamax.purinamills.com/locator.html

Put in your zip and call the dealers
Posted By: jstiz Re: Fish Feed HELP! - 05/07/14 07:19 PM
Thanks! Found four dealers in town. Now to see if any of them have it.
Posted By: keith_rowan Re: Fish Feed HELP! - 05/08/14 01:11 AM
i called the closest to me after using the search, they were happy to order what i wanted..
Posted By: Harrycovington New member needs advice - 06/07/14 03:42 PM
First post. Hope it works. I have 2 ponds- 3 and 4 acres. Have 2 feeders in each pond, feeding aqua ax. Fish feed like crazy, twice a day. Problem is they won't bite a cricket or anything else. What to do-quit feeding or maybe stop for a couple of days before I want to fish? Fish are really growing, but doesn't do you any good if they won't bite. Thanks for ant advice.
Posted By: esshup Re: New member needs advice - 06/08/14 06:37 AM
http://www.stubbysteve.com/

Use the original Stubby Steves. It imitates the pellets exactly.
© Pond Boss Forum