Pond Boss
Posted By: RER PopCorn eating LMB - 04/04/14 05:54 PM
This LMB must have eaten at least 20 pieces of Popped Corn before I rememberedmy phone....there was a bigger one but it grabbed a CNBG and swam off...

Enjoy
Posted By: RC51 Re: PopCorn eating LMB - 04/04/14 08:04 PM
Well thats a new one. Popcorn. Wow a new bait to try! Although your not gonna be able to cast it very far? smile

RC
Posted By: esshup Re: PopCorn eating LMB - 04/05/14 02:32 AM
Originally Posted By: RC51
Well thats a new one. Popcorn. Wow a new bait to try! Although your not gonna be able to cast it very far? smile
RC

That's what they make fly rods for!! wink
Posted By: Bluegillerkiller Re: PopCorn eating LMB - 04/05/14 02:47 AM
What kind of body condition do those fish have? Seems like they're starving..
Posted By: sprkplug Re: PopCorn eating LMB - 04/05/14 02:52 AM
Huh....wonder if spray butter would act as an attractant in this case.
Posted By: esshup Re: PopCorn eating LMB - 04/05/14 03:12 AM
I'd bet that George could tie up an imitation fly!
Posted By: RER Re: PopCorn eating LMB - 04/08/14 02:20 PM
Originally Posted By: Bluegillerkiller
What kind of body condition do those fish have? Seems like they're starving..

they seem pretty good, CNBG and GSH are swarming the area. So it they are hungry they are slow....the Bigger LMB do seem fatter from above. Perhaps the lake could use some culling of smaller bass. I do see lots of differant sized CNBG around the lake though. Its a decent sized boby of water that runs through a coule office parks were I work.
Posted By: CJBS2003 Re: PopCorn eating LMB - 04/09/14 12:11 AM
I wonder if the bass was stocked as feed trained or somehow learned to take feed from watching BG eating the food people threw them...
Posted By: RER Re: PopCorn eating LMB - 04/09/14 01:18 PM
there is a restuarant right at that spot on the board walk. With how the fish gather I feel they must toss stuff in for them. I have seen even the larger ones eat a patato chip. this lake is pretty old and I highly doubt they stocked feed trained fish. Im sure they just learned along the way. They might have started with grabbing sinking meat items of some sort from the restuarant perhaps.

Ill see if I can get another video just for the fun of it.
Posted By: RER Re: PopCorn eating LMB - 04/10/14 07:31 PM
OK, Work brought in a bunch of big soft pretzels, it seems fish like Pretzels too.

The larger of the two LMB that got a CNBG last time tried but failed and eventually just started eating the pretels too. It takes him awhile but he starts eating them. The smaller one just starts right in on them
Enjoy

Posted By: sprkplug Re: PopCorn eating LMB - 04/10/14 07:52 PM
It's been over 20 years since any LMB were stocked into our ponds, yet we have several that have learned to take feed. I think they just pick it up as time goes by.
Posted By: CJBS2003 Re: PopCorn eating LMB - 04/12/14 02:50 AM
You wonder how those bass survive... With the nutrition they are getting from empty food like that, it can't be helping them.
Posted By: MSC Re: PopCorn eating LMB - 04/12/14 12:38 PM
I've seen catfish doing that at Disney World. People were tossing popcorn and cats were hitting them on the surface.
Posted By: SK63 Re: PopCorn eating LMB - 04/24/14 03:07 AM
My LMB have a thing about Hot Dogs, they love the things. When I first found out, I thought they must be starving but that can't possibly be the case, the little pond is maxed out on Gizzard Shad, BG, Crappie, Frogs, you name it plus they chow Aquamax 600 every day but doesn't matter, they love their Dogs.
Posted By: RER Re: PopCorn eating LMB - 04/24/14 01:38 PM
Originally Posted By: CJBS2003
You wonder how those bass survive... With the nutrition they are getting from empty food like that, it can't be helping them.

I have seen them take out CNBG right in the same spot while feeding. I think they are just snacking om the popped corn...LOL
© Pond Boss Forum