Pond Boss
Posted By: PO FEEDERS - 11/16/04 07:06 PM
My wife is getting started on her christmas list and I would like her to get me a feeder. Problem is I don't know which brand is the most reliable and trouble free. I have been hand feeding my bluegill, and 10" to 12" bass are eating feed too. they love the (aquamax grower 400)=5D04 is product code. Would like to keep feeding this size since they really tear it up.Here in Indiana my fish are still eating but slowing down. Just think my fish would benefit more on a timely basis then every few days getting fed. I think I get more enjoyment watching them eat then catching them. Any advice on which feeder to get would be greatly appreciated. Keep up the great information prvided on this site.
Posted By: TROLL Re: FEEDERS - 11/17/04 12:15 AM
PO,I bought a SHOOTER from KENCO, it throws fish food out some of the time.I called KENCO,asked them what could be wrong,they told me that the feeder was a game feeder,not a fish feeder. It works better when you feed corn.

TROLL
Posted By: harvey dupriest Re: FEEDERS - 11/17/04 01:40 AM
PO- I have a Sweeny feeder , works great ! have had a few problems at first but they fixed every problem in a timely fashion , even after the warrenty had run out . It now is working great , super people to deal with . am feeding 2 times a day ! with no problems . it shoots the feed apprx. 40 feet out . I know you would be happy with it...Harvey
Posted By: Dave Davidson Re: FEEDERS - 11/17/04 02:14 AM
Troll, The Kenco stops up on corn also. The only way to unstop it is to pull it from the bottom of the barrel and clean it out. Guess where the corn in the barrel goes when you pull the feeder? Thats right, on the ground. They aren't worth having.
Posted By: Bill Cody Re: FEEDERS - 11/17/04 02:53 AM
PO - Do a search for fish feeders. Past discussion about feeders is present and informative. Stren is a popular brand. I had feed. Ducks like to hang around fishfeeders.
Posted By: PO Re: FEEDERS - 11/17/04 01:25 PM
Thanks guys for the information, I'll check out the past discussions on feeders like you suggested.The STREN sounds like a pretty favorable feeder.HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO YOU ALL.
Posted By: Greg Grimes Re: FEEDERS - 11/17/04 08:41 PM
PO,
I hoped more folks would chime in. I sell Stren and it comes with a 4yr warranty. I donlt want to oversell but here is a link and I can answer any questions you may have. Thanks!
lakework
Posted By: Meadowlark Re: FEEDERS - 11/17/04 08:57 PM
PO,

I've tried them all and Stren AquaPro is the best.

Don't throw your money away(as I did) on the cheep "deer" feeders...they don't work well for fish feeding, if at all.
Posted By: Shad Supply Re: FEEDERS - 12/13/04 09:42 PM
Looks Like Texas Hunter is getting into the Fish Feeder business and has perfected the old original - at a great price. It's not online yet (they say mid-January '05) but the details, diagrams and pricing can be found in the free catalog which can be ordered at TexasHunterProducts.com. I have one of thier deer feeder kits and you can tell they spend a lot of money on engineering and development - should be a high quality, reliable product if it's anything like thier blinds and other products. My feeder has been running several years now with the original battery.
Posted By: RatherBFishin Re: FEEDERS - 01/06/05 02:46 AM
Greg Grimes looks like the link to your site lakework has expired. Was wanting to check the price on your Stren feeder.
© Pond Boss Forum