Pond Boss
I have a small feeder that works OK, but it only feeds twice a day for 16 seconds. It's fine for right now, because I only have small c-cat,
bg, re, & fatheads in my new pond.
I want to build a small platform on the bank to put a feeder on.

Is the 75D the best and is it worth the $$$? How well does the solar panel & rechargeable batteries work?
It's worth the money...outstanding product !
Forgot to add...

The solar panel works well...haven't had to use the charger...the timer allows you to set up to 8 feedings a day (I think) and up to 90 seconds each time (again, I think)...VERY EASY to adjust...mine came with some assembly required, however, it was easy to do with a couple of hand tools...word of warning, when you test it, stand clear, man, that food hurts when it hits you coming out !!...Ha!, guess that'll teach me !...all in all, I highly recommend the unit, I'll be buying a second one after my expansion project is complete...

Good luck,

Torchy
Yes! I've tried just about all of the cheaper feeders and some expensive ones and the Stren is the best. Don't waste your money, like I did, on the "deer feeders" that are advertised as also fish feeders. They are not as reliable, as user friendly, nor most importantly "coon" proof. The Stren is well worth the investment.
i have some.. 75# stren feeder and two 200# stren feeders.. i have one 75 and a 200# on a 2 acre lake.. the other 200# feeder is on a .5 acre bluegill/redear only pond.. i love em!..would'nt go with anything else.. all the feeding times.. solar panels.. comeon!!.. cant go wrong!..way way worth the money!!..

chris
OK I'm sold. I guess I'll need to start saving my money for next spring. I live southern Indiana. How early should I start feeding in the spring?
Finally ordered my Stren 75D today. I bought a Native Outdoor feeder last spring and it works OK, but it jams a lot and doesn't take the larger feed at all. I'm excited about ordering one and just thought I'd post it here.
Muddy Fork, when you say the Native Outdoor feeder doesn't take the larger feed. What size are you considering larger? I just bought a Native Outdoor feeder and I have three sizes of feed mixed - Aqumax 04, 05, and 06. I also have bg, re, and cc.
You should be fine with the 04 and 05, but I have not had 06 so I can't help there.
Click here Native Feeder
I guess it's called Native Feeder not Native Outdoors. Don't get me wrong it does OK with small feed and I'll still us it, but I want more feed then it could give.
I bought a ADF-75 last year and my timer has malfunctioned. I would spend a few extra dollars and go with a Sweeney. If not go with the ADF-100.
Weseley

Stren has a 4 year warranty so you should be able to get a new timer.

Frank
After having the Native Feeder in use for a couple of days now. It just doesn't put out enough feed. It does handle the aquamax 06 alright. I will just have to get a bigger feeder!
David,

You are right....the native feeder shouldn't be used as your main feeder, but it does have a good role in dispersing feed at mutliple feeding sites...which is good on ponds/lakes your size. I use mine as supplemental at mutliple locations around the ponds. Works okay for that with main feeding station being the Strens.
Wesley did you get the feeder from me? If so and not working let me know we will make it right sorry to hear you had trouble. You menioend the adf-100, they have not mnade that feeder for over a year. Next size is adf- 200D.
Yes I bought it from you. The timer still works (stuck on my fall setting), however I cannot change the settings. All the numbers are blackened by dark squares. I can't even do the system test.
send me an email with your address and I will get new timer send to you. sorry for your troubles. greg@lakework.com
I got it yesterday and set it up today. It really puts out the feed, and I mean really puts out the feed. My fish went crazy! \:D
Greg,

I got the new timer and the Stren works like new. \:\)

Thanks
This is my first post, just found the site today. I'm in the market for a pond feeder and was wondering how much the Stren feeders were. My pond is just under an acre. Thanks in advance for any responses.
I send you a personal email with our price for what used to be Stren now called Aquapro.
© Pond Boss Forum