Pond Boss
Posted By: your plumber blue cats - 02/17/13 11:59 PM
what is tempature of water before they start feeding good
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: blue cats - 02/18/13 03:20 AM
I don't pay much attention to water temps but when I can go outside without a heavy coat, the cats will usually feed. In Texas, that's most of the time.
Posted By: small pond Re: blue cats - 02/18/13 03:43 AM
channel catfish grow best in warm water I think peak metabolism is 85 degeres ferenhite so they would be eating more but im no expert they should be feeding more come this spring and summmer. not sure about blue cats should be the same though anyone else know.
Posted By: Bluegillerkiller Re: blue cats - 02/18/13 04:39 AM
That's kind of a trick question.. Blue catfish are always eating just different ways in different places at different times in different heights in the water column.. Some say end of summer goin in to the fall is the best feeding time some say spring or some even say the hottest part of summer.. There's alot of variables, can you give some more details too your question?
Posted By: Cody Veach Re: blue cats - 02/18/13 05:15 AM
I live in central PA with a "pet" blue catfish many people say he is out of the range for a blue as far as north but in my pond Fromm 55 to ? As long as there is food Mr Whiskers plays the rolle of a vacume cleaner. In the colder weather my blue is covered in mud and looks like its been attacked by a lion.... But it's just mud not wounds .
© Pond Boss Forum