Pond Boss
Posted By: Bossone Aqua-max 500 vs.TSC Sportsman Choice - 08/03/12 01:36 PM
I've been feeding Aqua-max 500, but I have to special order it in from my local Purina dealer. I noticed yesterday that TSC is stocking a Sportsman Choice; 32% Protein, 4% Fat, (Mins), and Max of 7/5% fiber. Naturally it would be more convenient

I thought I'd ask and see if anyone is currently using this product and see what they thought of it? Thoughts?
Posted By: Bill Cody Re: Aqua-max 500 vs.TSC Sportsman Choice - 08/03/12 02:10 PM
Since you are using AM500 experience indicates the fish will not eat the cheaper food very well. AM spoils them.
Posted By: ewest Re: Aqua-max 500 vs.TSC Sportsman Choice - 08/03/12 02:45 PM
Here are the tags from bags of Aquamax 500, Lil' Strike, and Big Strike – via Cat’s post on http://forums.pondboss.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=290443&page=1 see the thread for discussion.

Aquamax 500

Lil' Strike

Big Strike

Posted By: Bossone Re: Aqua-max 500 vs.TSC Sportsman Choice - 08/03/12 06:16 PM
Thanks for posting that thread.....What I'm reading is that the one TSC locally is selling is good for catfish, not as good for BG. I guess that answers my question!
Posted By: ewest Re: Aqua-max 500 vs.TSC Sportsman Choice - 08/03/12 06:23 PM
Not using the product. Not as good as AM for sportfish. But it is still many times better than no food (even catfish food is much better than nothing). The results will just not be as good.
© Pond Boss Forum