Pond Boss
Posted By: NEDOC Moultrie Feedcaster ? - 08/30/10 07:35 PM
I recently purchased 3 Moultrie Feedcaster 30 gallon feeders. After about 2 weeks, 2 of the feeders quit working. The problem is apparently the gate at the bottom of the funnel. Sometimes it will work perfect (rarely), sometimes it will open partway (dumping pounds of feed) and most times the gate doesn't open at all. Is there another thread somewhere on this? Has anyone else had this problem? I'm going to call Moultrie, but it usually says 30-45 minute wait for customer service and I haven't had the time for that yet.
Posted By: Chris Steelman Re: Moultrie Feedcaster ? - 08/30/10 07:39 PM
I have had the same problem with mine. Haven't got around to fixing it yet though.
Posted By: NEDOC Re: Moultrie Feedcaster ? - 08/30/10 08:07 PM
Well hopefully someone on here has figured the problem out, so we don't have to go to all of the work smile
Posted By: Bluegillerkiller Re: Moultrie Feedcaster ? - 09/03/10 05:01 PM
Is that the all metal stand up model?
Posted By: BUDH Re: Moultrie Feedcaster ? - 09/12/10 01:19 AM
I have the metal model and, so far, so good. Only issue I did have was the outer door got a little sticky, but cleaned it off and all is well.
Posted By: Crossbow Re: Moultrie Feedcaster ? - 10/05/10 06:10 PM
Hold the up button and the set button at the same time and the door will go up and stay up. As long as you do not have predators that will stick their paw in there you will be fine. make a small rain shield for it so water also doesn't get in when it rains and you should not have an issue.
Posted By: Bluegillerkiller Re: Moultrie Feedcaster ? - 10/05/10 06:25 PM
Cool nice to know..
© Pond Boss Forum