Pond Boss
Posted By: george1 Fish feeding - 01/14/10 07:21 PM
Son Jeff called this morning with good news.
Fish are feeding after ice out a few days ago.
Posted By: ewest Re: Fish feeding - 01/14/10 07:38 PM
I sure hope mine are doing likewise George. I know we had some winter kill CNBG morts. George you may have a few less grandbabies over here.
Posted By: george1 Re: Fish feeding - 01/14/10 09:21 PM
Probably HSB feeding Eric - hope the grandparent CNBG are OK as well as the grandkids.
Posted By: ewest Re: Fish feeding - 01/14/10 09:38 PM
Did not see many dead CNBG only about 6 but I bet there are more. I am confident that there are a lot that are doing fine. There are plenty of Glazener OTS CNBG genes still there and I have seen the results. Just look at your CNBG pics. \:\)

Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Fish feeding - 01/15/10 12:00 AM
As of Tuesday afternoon, my ponds were still iced over. Also quite a few patches of snow after the 9 inches 2 weeks ago.
Posted By: james holt Re: Fish feeding - 01/16/10 01:45 AM
George do you mind telling me how you have your feeder set for this winter?
Posted By: george1 Re: Fish feeding - 01/16/10 04:43 PM
James, only one low on feed feeder left on until used up old feed.
Feeders off since before Christmas but if the warmup continues will reactivate.
Son Jeff is hand feeding at this time.
Posted By: ewest Re: Fish feeding - 01/16/10 08:41 PM
All of ours are shut down for winter. Last one today. No feeding on pellets for the last 3 weeks. To cold for surface feeding.
Posted By: james holt Re: Fish feeding - 01/17/10 12:46 AM
Eric is there a chart based on water temps for feeding in the archives?
Posted By: DJT Re: Fish feeding - 02/22/10 06:17 AM
Saturday was our first nice day in a while...got into the 50s. Most of the ponds in the area still have some floating ice. Mine had ice as late as friday. Saturday late afternoon I walked out on the dock and was greeted by a school of bluegill rising to the surface and giving me "that look". Sure enough I got some pellets from the shed and they had a good little feeding. They ate all I gave them but it was still not near as much as they eat in the summer. It did give me my first moment of Zen since they stopped feeding in Nov.
Posted By: Greg Grimes Re: Fish feeding - 02/22/10 10:45 PM
james check your email for this info.
Posted By: Cisco Re: Fish feeding - 02/27/10 12:52 AM
Is there a time of day better for feeding vs another? I haven't started feeding my BG and RES yet but I'm going to start as soon as the water gets to around 50/55 degrees. Just wondering if it's better to feed in the morning, afternoon or.....
Posted By: ewest Re: Fish feeding - 02/27/10 02:22 AM
When the water is still cool 55 F feed when its warmest (mid day) as it warms feed more and several hours apart ( 10 and 2) when it gets hot feed early and late ( 6 and 6 ). See what the fish like and do that.
© Pond Boss Forum