Pond Boss
Posted By: mikel Aqua Pro directional feeders - 04/22/09 02:19 AM
Does anyone have any input on how well the Aqua Pro fish feeders perform. I've been looking at the Texas Hunter feeders but they are substantially higher than the Aqua Pro. How do you think it stands up with the Texas Hunter? Is it worth paying the additional money? Any input appreciated.
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: Aqua Pro directional feeders - 04/22/09 02:23 AM
I'm about to test one starting next week.

It sure LOOKS nice!! \:\) \:\) \:\)
Posted By: ewest Re: Aqua Pro directional feeders - 04/22/09 02:42 AM
They work well with the new timer.
Posted By: jakeb Re: Aqua Pro directional feeders - 04/22/09 05:12 AM
Is there any way to know if it will have the new timer before you buy it?
Posted By: george1 Re: Aqua Pro directional feeders - 04/22/09 11:16 AM
I am very pleased with AQP performance with the new timers.

I would question the value of spendng an extra $200 bucks for a TH if AQP has solved their timer problems.
AQP provided the best customer service I have ever received.
Posted By: mikel Re: Aqua Pro directional feeders - 04/22/09 12:26 PM
How can I differentiate between the old & new timers. What would I ask to know if it has the new timer? Memphis Net & Twine sells the AQP & I've gotten to know one of the salesmen there pretty well. What would I ask him to check about the timer to know difference between the new & old?
Posted By: burgermeister Re: Aqua Pro directional feeders - 04/22/09 12:44 PM
If the unit has a serial number, get it, then call BA Products and ask them. Or, as soon as you get it, call them and give them S/N of the timer it has.
Posted By: feederman Re: Aqua Pro directional feeders - 04/22/09 01:02 PM
If it is a new timer it will have "F2" on it. If it does not have a new timer just call us and we will replace it.
Posted By: bobad Re: Aqua Pro directional feeders - 04/22/09 01:07 PM
 Originally Posted By: mikel
Does anyone have any input on how well the Aqua Pro fish feeders perform.

Which model?
Posted By: mikel Re: Aqua Pro directional feeders - 04/23/09 02:43 AM
ADF75D Is the model # bobad
Posted By: mikel Re: Aqua Pro directional feeders - 04/23/09 03:30 AM
A rep from Memphis net and twine called Aquapro this morning. The rep from MN&T called me back and said all the new models will have the new timers on them. So that was good to know. I've almost got my wife talked in to letting me get one. Please don't tell her I've just said that.
Posted By: 3 1/2 acres Re: Aqua Pro directional feeders - 04/28/09 12:22 PM
I was told that one company, possibly BA products, bought the AP, Stren, and one other name but they are all made by the same folks. Is there any truth to this? If this is the case is is selling direct from the MFG'r at lower prices than the others.
Can someone confirm this?
Posted By: feederman Re: Aqua Pro directional feeders - 04/28/09 03:17 PM
BA Products is Aquapro, that is just one of our feeder lines. Stren was a license agreement with them that we chose not to continue a few years ago. We do not sell directly to the public. However you can buy our products from Greg Grimes, Nate Herman, Todd Overton or Native Outdoors.
Posted By: feederman Re: Aqua Pro directional feeders - 04/28/09 03:18 PM
or from Shawn Banks.
Posted By: 3 1/2 acres Re: Aqua Pro directional feeders - 04/28/09 07:50 PM
Great Overton is just up the highway from me. Thanks for the clarity.
Posted By: 3 1/2 acres Re: Aqua Pro directional feeders - 04/30/09 10:58 PM
clarification. Overton no longer sells the AP line. Only TH.
Posted By: GeorgeS Re: Aqua Pro directional feeders - 06/29/09 07:47 PM
I need to share with my fellow fishing buds the fantastic service I received at BA Products (makers and distributors of Aqua Pro feeders). I took my older FatCat feeder in with a bad timer (control panel). They replaced the timer for me, worked on the motor and ended up adding a new one, all under warranty. The customer service was awesome and my feeder was fixed in about 4 days. Great folks to work with. George S.
Posted By: james holt Re: Aqua Pro directional feeders - 06/30/09 02:39 AM
George that is great news!
Posted By: PFV Re: Aqua Pro directional feeders - 07/06/09 05:24 PM
I've had a fat cat throwing for about three weeks now, and it is impressive. Very impressive.

Holds 200lbs of floating food, and came with a solar charger.
© Pond Boss Forum