Pond Boss
Posted By: heybud Remington Directional Feeder System - 03/04/08 07:28 PM
I just bought a replacement for a deer feeder dispensing system. It is a directional system by Remington that attaches to the bottom of any drum just like any deer feeder dispenser except is is directional like a fish feeder. It cost 64 bucks, so I'm gonna give it a try, it might be a cheap alternative to expensive feeders. I'll keep you posted

Remington® 6V Digital Directional Feeder System

* Exclusive Directional Dispersement Technology
* Targeted Placement of Feed for Clear Line of Sight
* Power Supply - 6V Digital Electronics
* Available Feed Times - 8 Daily
* Feed Time Durations - 1-90 seconds
* Warranty - 4 Years
* Extremely large, easy to view, liquid crystal display
* Adjustable (lo, med, hi) motor speed control
* Large rubber buttons are weather resistant & easy to use
* Varmint Proof
* Mounts Under any hopper allowing near to ground use
* Battery Not Included
$69.99
Posted By: rockytopper Re: Remington Directional Feeder System - 03/05/08 04:15 PM
I purchased a directional feeder at wall mart last year for about 30 or 40$. I mounted it on my existing tripod drum feeder intending to use it for deer. The problem is my wooded area is so dense and this cheap feeder only has a sun sensor for dusk and dawn. It works but the dawn time is about 10 or 11 am because the sun can't reach sensor until then and of course it goes off again about 330 pm when the sun starts on it downward path. Long story short it is going to be moved to the new pond to feed the cats this spring.
Cool another Robert Earl Keen fan!!!!

The Front Porch Song
Copenhagen
Amarillo Highway
Corpus Christi Bay
Gringo Honeymoon
Feelin' Good Again

Great Song writer!!!
Say What???

Stevie Ray
Posted By: DAN PATERSON Re: Remington Directional Feeder System - 03/06/08 03:48 AM
There's a couple of us OK 12, and that would be Jr.

Robert Earl Keen, Jr.
Posted By: davatsa Re: Remington Directional Feeder System - 03/06/08 05:06 AM
"Feelin' Good Again" is one of my favorites. The Redneck Christmas song is a classic as well.

Besides, anyone who sings a song called "The Five Pound Bass" must be a great musician!
Posted By: heybud Re: Remington Directional Feeder System - 03/06/08 01:00 PM
My cousin is married to the bass player for Robert Earl, Jr.
Posted By: rockytopper Re: Remington Directional Feeder System - 03/06/08 02:20 PM
Burger SRV is also on my top list. I'm a country boy pretty much dig everything except grung and hip hop. If your from around the DFW area how you guys like the Lone Star 92.5? Personally I think it's the best thing ever. They play Classic rock, country & even Texas music. As Wille Says it's about time.

The REK Christmas tune is defiantly one of my favorites.

You're swerving in my lane puttin me in Danger That's why I'm shootin you the finger. Classic stuff

What happen I thought we were talking fish feeders. Can't we every stay on topic, seems every thing eventually goes south here. See you guys in July

"What happen I thought we were talking fish feeders. Can't we every stay on topic, seems every thing eventually goes south here."...
Right, did I miss a Brettski post?
Posted By: Greg Grimes Re: Remington Directional Feeder System - 03/06/08 10:24 PM
look under cheap fish feeder thread to see more about this feeder. So far the feder seems to work great for us.
Posted By: rmedgar Re: Remington Directional Feeder System - 03/07/08 02:40 PM
Davatsa. you mentioned 2 of my 3 my three favorite REKs. RT uses the other in his sig. That Christmas song is a classic. Some "duded-up" country group put it out the last 2 Christmas, and actually it wasn't too bad.
Posted By: Brettski Re: Remington Directional Feeder System - 03/08/08 03:40 AM
 Originally Posted By: burgermeister
"What happen I thought we were talking fish feeders. Can't we every stay on topic, seems every thing eventually goes south here."...
Right, did I miss a Brettski post?

Every time I check into the forum, I now head straight to the Search function. I enter Brettski or Bski and see who's trashin' me today.
I love you, man...
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Remington Directional Feeder System - 03/08/08 03:42 AM
If you Google "dissing Brettski", you will get 4,430,127 hits.
Posted By: heybud Re: Remington Directional Feeder System - 04/02/08 12:58 PM
I got my Remington feeder up and running. Man that thing really throws the food out there. So far I'm impressed for 65-70 bucks. I guess we will see how is holds up.
Posted By: cheyenne19 Re: Remington Directional Feeder System - 04/20/08 11:17 PM
"I understand why lizzards live in sunny Arizona. Why people do, and call it home I'll never understand."
"If I could live me life all over it wouldn't matter anyway, cause I never could stay sober, on the Corpus Christi Bay."
"There's a girl in her bare feet asleep on the back seat, and that trunks full of Pearl beer and LoneStar."
I'm sorry that had nothing to do with feeders, but REK is my favorite singer songwriter.
Posted By: george1 Re: Remington Directional Feeder System - 04/21/08 12:17 AM
 Originally Posted By: heybud
I got my Remington feeder up and running. Man that thing really throws the food out there. So far I'm impressed for 65-70 bucks. I guess we will see how is holds up.

heybud, what size pellets?
Posted By: Matt Clark Re: Remington Directional Feeder System - 05/16/08 06:17 PM
 Originally Posted By: davatsa
"The Redneck Christmas song is a classic as well. Besides, anyone who sings a song called "The Five Pound Bass" must be a great musician!

I had no idea anyone else had even heard of this guy...that Redneck Christmas Song...REK has GOT to be a shirt tail relation of my in-laws...
© Pond Boss Forum