Pond Boss
Posted By: Scott Trava why does Bob Lusk get a stand pipe? - 11/16/03 01:57 AM
Answer: Mr. Bob does not have three feet of ice locked around it when the ice shifts. We repaired several this summer due to heavy ice and water lift after drought. Keep that great magazine coming and ask Pond Boss I need some peace and quite for a month.

Ps even the old steel pipes are very brittle look but do not touch and keep them piped over top to keep the beavers and the snappers out.Plus debris
Posted By: Bob Lusk Re: why does Bob Lusk get a stand pipe? - 11/19/03 01:17 PM
Scott,
Not sure who's question you were answering, but the standpipe at stately Lusk manor will likely never see ice, unless I pour a cold drink over it. One year out of 5, we might get several consecutive days where temps don't rise above freezing...but those times are rare and ice will be no thicker than 2 inches, for a short time.
The standpipe serves as primary spillway, to take care of excess rains...that's it. And, it will act as a bottom water release, after we cut it, turn it up, and put a larger pipe over it, venturi style.
Posted By: Scott Trava Re: why does Bob Lusk get a stand pipe? - 11/19/03 01:36 PM
Bob
are you hiring at the new estate I would like to apply for the riding lawn mower position, I understand it pays 350.00$ a day cash plus8 weeks paid vacation per year in Eskimo Lakes Alaska. If the Position has not been filled yet I accept.
People E mailed me why we did not put stand pipes in their ponds ao I posted a note to answer.
Good luck with the new pond ,Do you need advise on stocking?
Best Regards
POND BOSS OF THE NORTH
Posted By: Bob Lusk Re: why does Bob Lusk get a stand pipe? - 12/02/03 03:02 AM
PB o'the North....
Position filled.
3,436 applications received.
My wife wanted the job.
Rumor is, she's looking to subcontract the work.
Mowing job good...summers off, work only in winter.
Thinking of stocking trout, walleye, carp, gar, buffalo, tilapia and hammerhead shark.
Whatcha think about the numbers?
Posted By: Scott Trava Re: why does Bob Lusk get a stand pipe? - 12/02/03 03:29 AM
Bob
The hell with the numbers. I would only go swimming with iron trunks.
Best to you
PBN
© Pond Boss Forum