Pond Boss
Posted By: Pondfun Pond construction - 09/16/22 01:19 PM
Plan , plan and plan some moreā€¦That is what I have learned from the members here. I recently tried to renovate my pond and go for a deeper pond. I reached out to Tj on this forum and site as I suspected a leak and needed general pond building knowledge.

Tj spent about an hour with me educating me on the project and best practices. With confidence I selected a contractor and started to clean and test the pond for depth. Wamo! Hit rock! We suspect the rock is 50 wide and 100 feet long . Multiple test holes at 8 ft and the rock was sold in areas no depose than four feet.

Freaking out and with a dozer and back hoe on the property I was left with two questions from the contractor fill it in or go with the liner.

Thinking back on my conversations with TJ we wanted to achieve depth and good compaction. Knowing they were going to need 2 ft of compaction on the rock depth could not be achieved and the area I believe is not ideal for a good pond.

Faced with this scenario I figured I will call Tj to discuss. TJ was able to walk me through different options over the phone but at the end chose to fill the pond in given complex scenario.

Wanted to share my experience as well as shout out to TJ who was able to help me through the process. Thanks guys! Have fun and I will look to another property that will be more suitable for a pond.
Posted By: Sunil Re: Pond construction - 09/16/22 01:28 PM
TJ is a good guy!
Posted By: Sock Puppet Re: Pond construction - 09/16/22 02:53 PM
Originally Posted by Sunil
TJ is a good guy!
+1
Posted By: FishinRod Re: Pond construction - 09/16/22 04:46 PM
Agree on the value of drawing on TJ's expertise and knowledge to help with problems.

Rate TJ a +1,000.
Posted By: gehajake Re: Pond construction - 09/18/22 02:52 PM
Experience in a given area, is priceless, TJ has that experience, it could have cost you a boat load of money to find out what he was able to share with you, for a lot less money.
Posted By: teehjaeh57 Re: Pond construction - 09/23/22 06:16 AM
Happy to help any and everyone with leak abatement issues. It stinks to raise the white flag, but our confidence level sealing this pond with significant limestone formations was low with limited access to high plasticity clay, so best strategy was to punt. I loathe punting, but it all comes down to cost vs. risk. Grateful I have a new Pond Boss buddy in the great state of Tennessee!
© Pond Boss Forum