Pond Boss
Posted By: Seanboy Preliminary estimates - 06/15/21 02:04 PM
Good Morning all,

I've been browsing the forum for a couple of years and will be looking to build a pond in a year or so, which gives me plenty of time to educate myself and plan properly. Is there anyone in the Eastern NC area who can estimate (just ballpark) the cost of a 2 acre pond around this area? I'll see if I can link a picture or video, but the ground it flat and cleared of trees already. There is a small pond already in that area, maybe 300ft round or so.

Thanks!
Posted By: Steve_ Re: Preliminary estimates - 06/15/21 08:38 PM
I'm near Winston-Salem, NC and my ~1/2 acre pond that just broke ground today was quoted to be 8-12k from the 4 quotes I got. There are LOT of variables in determining the price, specifically the amount of dirt that will need to be moved and/or hauled away. In my situation, I have a valley that just needs to be dammed up, so I won't have any dirt that'll need to be hauled away. Other things to consider will be the cost of seed and straw, if you go that route, which can add up quickly. If you're looking for just a ballpark, I'd say 20-40k for a 2 acre dugout pond.
Posted By: jpsdad Re: Preliminary estimates - 06/16/21 01:49 PM
Steve_, glad to see you've broken ground and are making your dream a reality.
Posted By: Zep Re: Preliminary estimates - 06/16/21 03:13 PM
Seanboy....what kind of depth do you envision for your pond?
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: Preliminary estimates - 06/17/21 11:09 AM
What kind of soils do you have to work with? The dam needs sandy loam with the emphasis on loam.
Posted By: Seanboy Re: Preliminary estimates - 06/19/21 02:40 PM
I'd like a good depth for future fishing and i'd like to be able to support some good edible fish variety if possible. I want to say its a fairly heavy clay based on the dug out railroad tracks nearby, but cant say for sure.
© Pond Boss Forum