Pond Boss
Posted By: Oklahoma Is this NRCS report good for a pond? - 07/07/20 10:25 PM
Heiden component makes up 90% of map unit. Slopes are 8-20%. The component is on hills and uplands. The parent material consists of calcareous residuum weathered from clayey shale. Depth to root restrictive layer is greater than 60 inches. Natural drainage class is well drained. Water movement in the most restrictive layer is low. Available water to a depth of 60inches ( or restricted depth) is moderate. Shrink swell potential is very high. Soil is not flooded. Not ponded. There is no zone of water saturation within a depth of 72 inches. Organic matter in surface horizon is 3%. This component R085XY002OK clay upland 38-42 Plz ecological site. This soil does not meet hydric criteria. Calcium carbonate = within 40in typically does not exceed 30%. No saline horizons. Maximum sodium absorption ratio 1 within 30 inches of soil surface...

This area is in a bowl with steep banks all around it. There is a dry channel that runs through that looks like runs thru bedrock... what do u guys think???
I think I'm not qualified due to not speaking foreign languages.
Posted By: RStringer Re: Is this NRCS report good for a pond? - 07/10/20 01:46 AM
I would call up there office and talk to the person who does the report. Ask the to put it in layman terms. They might be able to say what they mean alot better with a conversation in person. Just my thoughts
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Is this NRCS report good for a pond? - 07/10/20 10:41 AM
Originally Posted by Dave Davidson1
I think I'm not qualified due to not speaking foreign languages.
You speak fluent Texan and fluent English - isn't at least one of those foreign?
I started out speaking Tejano. English came much later. I know that I would need a heckuva dictionary to understand much of the original stuff on this post.
Posted By: jim100 Re: Is this NRCS report good for a pond? - 07/12/20 03:54 PM
R085XY002OK clay . This is entry level stuff. Come on guys . (sarcasm)
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Is this NRCS report good for a pond? - 07/13/20 10:31 AM
Sorry - senior moment.
© Pond Boss Forum