Pond Boss
Hi guys-
I put more info in the introduction section but I thought I would post here also in case this may be a better spot-
I am looking to build a 3/4 to 1 acre pond on my place in between Ennis, Texas, and Palmer Tx.
Not looking for just a guy that will use a bull dozer, I’m hoping for someone who is experienced in digging ponds-
If you do this or know someone who does please let me know, I haven’t had much luck looking on the internet, but I may just not be putting in the proper search criteria-
Thanks-
I would contact your local DNR or NRCS office. Some non traditional inquiries could be made to your township road commissioner, county engineer, rock quarry operator, heavy equipment sales person. Knocking on some doors will generate leads, most of them duds. But if a name pops up a few times it might be worth investigating. Welcome to the forum and you might post some pics of your prospective site.
Thank you Roundy for the suggestions-
I will get some pics of where I am thinking of what I want to do-
NRCS office may be able to give you info on your soil type on your location. Same with visiting owners of other ponds in your area. Soil composition will help you gauge the difficulty of your pond construction and consequently the level of expertise to construct it. Mike Otto’s book Just Add Water is also a great primer on finding out the complexities to be considered. Take your time, do it once.... do it right.
I would contact Bob Lusk and ask for his recommendation. If you have a Facebook profile, you could ask Bob when he goes live on the Pond Boss account. on Wednesday at 6.30 pm CST.
Originally Posted By: jludwig
I would contact Bob Lusk and ask for his recommendation. If you have a Facebook profile, you could ask Bob when he goes live on the Pond Boss account. on Wednesday at 6.30 pm CST.

I just looked up Bob, seems like a great guy-
Hopefully I can tune in Wednesday-
© Pond Boss Forum