Pond Boss
Posted By: Wayne A. Dream came true!! - 05/03/07 11:28 PM
Always dreamed of digging a pond in the back yard, After 10 years if came true.. Going to try and post some pics..
Posted By: Wayne A. Re: Dream came true!! - 05/04/07 01:07 AM
Digging, found some stumps. Rain filling it up.
Posted By: bobad Re: Dream came true!! - 05/04/07 01:11 AM
Welcome Wayne, and congtratulations!

What size is your pond going to be, and what fish are you interested in stocking?
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: Dream came true!! - 05/04/07 01:14 AM
What are those four posts? For a dock?

Very cool.
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Dream came true!! - 05/04/07 01:32 AM
Nice pond, nice big back yard.
Posted By: Wayne A. Re: Dream came true!! - 05/04/07 01:38 AM
bobad, it's shaped like a kidney, 91'long and ends are 45'round, Going to put some brim, catfish, and bass.

Bruce, yes the post are for a deck going out into pond.
Posted By: Brettski Re: Dream came true!! - 05/04/07 01:40 AM
Congrats, Wayne. Looks great!
We love stat's. Stuff like size, depth, soils, drainage or run-off that fills it with water (or sky pond). That's kinda interesting with the stumps. Ya mean they were buried? Did you know that they were down there? Are they leftover from clearing a field for farming?
Is that you runnin' the track hoe? If yes, you get indoctrinated into a short and prestigious list of DIY pondmeisters. This is, indeed, an honor.
Posted By: Wayne A. Re: Dream came true!! - 05/04/07 01:44 AM
[URL=http:// Another shot of rain filling. Putting in well to keep it full. filling it up. Dirt finished waiting on rain.
Posted By: Wayne A. Re: Dream came true!! - 05/04/07 01:50 AM
Brettski, No that's my brother running the backhoe, It's 7ft. deep, and the stumps were there way before my time.
Posted By: bobad Re: Dream came true!! - 05/04/07 10:55 AM
Hey, you sodded the banks! Nice idea, looks great.
Posted By: eddie_walker Re: Dream came true!! - 05/04/07 12:17 PM
I'm curious about the four posts along the shorline too. It looks like the beginning of a dock or pier.

Congratulations on a nice job. The pond came out very nicely. When the grass fills in, it will be amazing!!!!!!!

Eddie
Posted By: Meadowlark Re: Dream came true!! - 05/04/07 01:40 PM
Wayne A.,

Hard work + determination = dreams come true. I really like the irregular shape...and the DIY aspect deserves respect. You must have used a dozer or something in addition to the track-hoe to get that finished look. Very nice!
Posted By: Bruce Condello Re: Dream came true!! - 05/04/07 03:23 PM
 Quote:
Originally posted by Meadowlark:
Wayne A.,

Hard work + determination = dreams come true. I really like the irregular shape...and the DIY aspect deserves respect. You must have used a dozer or something in addition to the track-hoe to get that finished look. Very nice!
Agreed! I love the shape. Lots of fun could be had at that pond.
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Dream came true!! - 05/04/07 03:49 PM
 Quote:
Originally posted by eddie_walker:
I'm curious about the four posts along the shorline too. It looks like the beginning of a dock or pier.
Places to hitch the horses at half-time during water polo matches. Great idea!
Posted By: Tom F Re: Dream came true!! - 05/04/07 03:58 PM
Great looking pond. Backyard ponds are a lot of fun.
Posted By: rockytopper Re: Dream came true!! - 05/04/07 09:23 PM
Very nice job Wayne very nice. Congrats and beautiful blue green water, ant it sweet
Posted By: Wayne A. Re: Dream came true!! - 06/08/07 11:44 PM
Started building the deck, It's 16'x 10' and a overhang of 3'. Going to be two levels, 1st level you see here, the next level will be higher with a cover over it.

Posted By: Brettski Re: Dream came true!! - 06/09/07 01:46 AM
That is gonna be slick. I wanna see the double decker.
Posted By: MarkECIN Re: Dream came true!! - 06/09/07 01:55 AM
Looking good, hard work. You will enjoy it as I have mine--we had ours dug last year and have worked really hard getting it where it is now. Now to the important part, are we related? All my relative are from Vacherie from my Mom's side (Brock). I'm thinking you're off the River Road and the house back there off the main road that goes to back Vacherie. I so miss home!
Posted By: Wayne A. Re: Dream came true!! - 06/09/07 04:53 AM
Brettski, sorry if I misslead you, I'm not going up with the next level, but back more on land where I will build a gazebo or something like it.
Posted By: Brettski Re: Dream came true!! - 06/09/07 10:56 AM
oops; sorry....but think of all the deck dreamers that got their wheels turnin' on that one.
Still gonna be slick; keep the pics comin'.
Posted By: Wayne A. Re: Dream came true!! - 06/25/07 10:45 PM
Deck is looking good, halfway on phase I, Going to get some rope to hang between the post on each side.
Posted By: GW Re: Dream came true!! - 06/25/07 11:20 PM
Got any fish in there yet Wayne? Looks real nice.
Posted By: Wayne A. Re: Dream came true!! - 07/18/07 08:56 PM
Finished up on the deck after July 4th vacation. No fish yet, just alot of minnows and a couple small perch. Every time The truck from Miss. is planning to come down, I'm working that day..
Here's some more pics. enjoy..

Posted By: Brettski Re: Dream came true!! - 07/20/07 10:51 AM
Dang, Wayne...it looks like a display at the home improvement center. V nice work, my man!
Is it possible for a deck to be too nice for a pond?
-
-
Nah.
-
(edit; always promoting links to this kinda stuff on this thread) )
Posted By: Rad Re: Dream came true!! - 07/20/07 11:30 AM
Wayne, nice, very nice.
Posted By: davatsa Re: Dream came true!! - 07/20/07 12:42 PM
Nice job, Wayne! Looks like a quality structure. Slap a roof on that thing and I'll move in.
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Dream came true!! - 07/20/07 12:53 PM
Newlyweds and Grad students - 2 groups always looking for cheap housing.

Very nice, Wayne.
Posted By: Wayne A. Re: Dream came true!! - 07/20/07 02:33 PM
Brettski, mine is nothing compared to your deck and boat launch.

davatsa, the roof is coming with phase II. My Neighbor got me some 2" rope I'm putting on the side between the three post.
Posted By: rockytopper Re: Dream came true!! - 07/20/07 03:47 PM
Wayne nice curve appeal.
© Pond Boss Forum