Pond Boss
Posted By: hugh hawkins pond excavation progress pictures - 09/05/06 04:04 AM
A few pictures with more to come showing progress of our pond excavation in Texas, Hardin County on FM 421

nice way to do the pics hugh, those with high speed connections (or a lot of time to kill) can view the high resolution versions in photobucket by clicking on thumbnail above.
Posted By: hugh hawkins Re: pond excavation progress pictures - 09/06/06 12:07 AM
Here are additional pictures for those interested in the progress

made over the last few weekends..
Posted By: hugh hawkins Re: pond excavation progress pictures - 09/06/06 12:28 AM
D.I.E.D. ... more pictures..Notice the shelf around my exposed island. This will be where I will place the rocks to discourage erosion.. Thanks to you and to Bob Lusk for the suggestions..

Posted By: hugh hawkins Re: pond excavation progress pictures - 09/06/06 12:31 AM
I'm sorry folks.. It is obvious that I haven't mastered the picture posting yet.. I'll try to not mess it up next time..
Posted By: Dave Davidson1 Re: pond excavation progress pictures - 09/06/06 03:16 AM
Hey, that's gonna be neat.
hi hugh, just thought i would throw out a suggestion for you to help get some feedback on yer progress. as you post the pics, maybe describe to us a little of what your trying to achieve, and post your questions along the way....some examples...such as how your dam was constructed, was it cored (built with a keway)?what are your soils like?, what structural elements are you digging/installing for fish habitat, how will your pond drain?, what feeds the pond?

It looks like you have the makings of another God granted slice of heaven....similar to Brettski's young paradise. If you havent checked out some of Brettski's construction threads, they are worth a look, full of ideas and the emotional ups and downs going along with becoming a true pondmeister.

thanks for your time to share your dream
© Pond Boss Forum