Pond Boss
Posted By: marler How to post a picture/topo map? - 11/05/09 02:14 AM
New to the sight. Already subscribed to the magazine. This is a great sight. I have been reading post for about a week now. My first question is how to you post pictures and topo maps? Every post looks for this information and I have not been able to find this information anywhere so far.
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: How to post a picture/topo map? - 11/05/09 02:28 AM
Greetings and welcome, marler!

See the Archive Posting Photos thread.

If the topo map is an image file, you can host it at a site like photobucket and post it as a photo. If it is on a webage, it may be simpler to link to it (using the little world/chain link button at the top left of the entry window on the "Full Reply Screen").
Posted By: jeffhasapond Re: How to post a picture/topo map? - 11/05/09 02:47 PM
Hello Marler and welcome to Pond Boss.
Posted By: marler Re: How to post a picture/topo map? - 11/06/09 12:37 AM
I see where people have posted topo maps that have property boundries or possible pond locations drawn. How do you do that?
Posted By: DavidV Re: How to post a picture/topo map? - 11/06/09 12:43 AM
Try MS Paint, Photoshop or other software that allows you draw over an exisitng photo/doc. Save as a .jpg or.gif and upload to a server such as Photobucket.
Posted By: marler Re: How to post a picture/topo map? - 11/13/09 12:49 AM
Let me ask a different way. Where can I find a topo map that I can import into paint? Next how do I import into paint?
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: How to post a picture/topo map? - 11/13/09 01:16 AM
IIRC you can hit Print Screen to put an onscreen topo map into the buffer, then paste it into Paint or whatever.
Posted By: marler Re: How to post a picture/topo map? - 11/13/09 02:50 AM

I think I finally got it. Thanks to everyone for the help.

Here is where I am thinking of building my pond. It should be about 2 acres. Let me know if you see any problems.
Posted By: marler Re: How to post a picture/topo map? - 11/13/09 03:04 AM

Here is the layout of our families farm. My house is where the red star is. Does anyone see a better place to put about a 2 acre pond?
Posted By: DavidV Re: How to post a picture/topo map? - 11/13/09 03:16 AM
Just a comment. Can you save this topo as a .pdf and window your area?. Upload to your server. This way you can give us a better view of your map. Or forward it to me and I will try to help.
Posted By: marler Re: How to post a picture/topo map? - 11/13/09 03:35 AM
I will sure try if you tell me how. Remember to go slow. I am novice.
© Pond Boss Forum