Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
macman59, jm96, flowindustrial, ksueotto58, John Folchetti
18,480 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,943
Posts557,780
Members18,481
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,505
ewest 21,490
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,140
Who's Online Now
9 members (BWB, catscratch, Joe7328, jludwig, Rangersedge, Foozle, phinfan, Bill Cody, Augie), 1,175 guests, and 258 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Thread Like Summary
FishinRod, Pat Williamson
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#556129 03/07/2023 3:42 PM
by esshup
esshup
Just testing to see if the function works.
Attached Images
Liked Replies
by canyoncreek
canyoncreek
There never was an option in the UBB software to directly insert picture inline in the body of the message. Most forums you simply paste it in, or drag an drop to an upload box and it puts it inline, often with an option for small or big sizing.

So you were forced to attach it manually below your message and with a 2MB size limit. That was tough as cell phone cameras got better as all files were too big. So you still have to have a program to manually resize your pictures when trying to upload into a post using your cell phone. Major pain!

So many of us found a hosting webpage like Photobucket or imgur. Photobucket went behind a pay firewall and put water mark on many years worth of my pictures. So many old posts have pictures with watermarks on them and I'm not interested in trying to pay to get that all fixed.

What has been broken on and off for months now was even when we properly uploaded a picture in the attachment manager it would look like it worked but it didn't and the picture thumbnail would be 'broken' This was a new glitch and one that the front office at Pondboss struggles to understand and fix. Probably not their fault as they are depending on the UBB software tech support to help them understand and get it fixed.

It is very handy to have pictures embed right in the post, so if you have found a way to go to the imgur page, take the direct link and that makes the picture show inline then continue to use that workflow (clunky, many steps)

Since I've given up on photobucket, my work around (when the attachment upload manager is working...) is to first attach the pictures below the post. Then go to that forum page and pull up my own post, then download one of the attached pictures, it should open in a new tab. The ADDRESS in the address bar of that new tab is its 'hosting site' just like if it was hosted on IMGUR. I then take that address, go back, edit my post and paste that address in but then have to manually add the [img] before the pasted text and the [\img] at the end. Then I hit 'preview reply' to make sure the embedded pictures actually show up.

All quite nuts when all other forums I visit it is drag and drop or even simply paste pictures where you want them as you are typing.

Many of us have offered to have a special donation day to allow this software upgrade and to help defray costs, should such upgrade actually occur and solve these problems once and for all!!
1 member likes this
Today's Birthdays
Jenna
Recent Posts
Hi there quick question on going forward
by Joe7328 - 04/18/24 11:49 AM
Chestnut other trees for wildlife
by Augie - 04/18/24 10:57 AM
1/4 HP pond aerator pump
by Bill Cody - 04/18/24 10:54 AM
How to catch Hybrid Striper
by Augie - 04/18/24 10:39 AM