Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Mcarver, araudy, Ponderific2024, MOLINER, BackyardKoi
18,502 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,963
Posts557,988
Members18,503
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,537
ewest 21,499
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,151
Who's Online Now
5 members (Steve Clubb, phinfan, Snipe, Boondoggle, catscratch), 1,070 guests, and 255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Thread Like Summary
esshup, SetterGuy
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#542732 01/08/2022 2:09 AM
by snrub
snrub
range - point blank
weapon - 300cc motorcycle with less than 3 miles on it - test ride
Speed - unsure, I can't remember anything except getting on the motorcycle and getting out of the hospital four days later
I suggest using a gun or bow. Motorcycle is not the best weapon

Officer said I was laying in the opposite ditch as the motorcycle.

Concussion, brain bleed, lung bleed, other lung collapse. Drained four liters of blood out of my left lung so far. Had plane tickets to Bonaire on the 7th. Decided to test ride the motorcycle on the 6th. Big mistake.
Attached Images
Liked Replies
#542761 Jan 8th a 09:10 PM
by snrub
snrub
To answer some of the above questions.

Accident happened about a month ago. I am improving a little bit every day. According to my wife I am lucky to be alive. According to me I am not progressing nearly fast enough. Diving they are saying two months minimum to make sure ribs and lungs are ok so I got at least another month to go. Don't much like them draining blood out of my lungs.

The motorcycle is/was a dual purpose off/on road bike. Kawasaki KLX300. I actually already have a dual purpose bike (as well as a couple of road bikes), a Honda CRF450L. I really like that motorcycle and it is fine on highway or gravel roads, but the throttle is so twitchy and the power so great it spooks me when I take it to the timber or pasture or single trail to ride. It will do a wheelie in third gear without popping the clutch or trying real hard. It has spooky amount of power. I did not test ride it before buying. I was trying out the KLX300 because it was supposed to have linear throttle response and a little more tame for an "old guy" riding trails off road. I remember about the first 10 minutes of the ride is all. My intention when I took it for a test ride (just happened to see a new on on the floor at my dealers that they had just got in and it was not spoken for) was to write a check for it if I liked the ride. Never got to that point unfortunately.

I have put somewhere between 100,000 and 200,000 miles on quite an array of motorcycles since I was 12 or 13 years old. Highway and dirt both. I'm 67 now and ride regularly. I have had one minor accident in that time (had to lay one down to keep from hitting a guy that pulled in front of me) and this is my first major one.

I have always worn a helmet ever since I was a kid. Saw one save my brothers life when I was about 14. Now one has saved mine. Doctors say I would have been a goner without the helmet.

Thanks all for your comments.

As far as the forum I have not done much with the ponds this year. Not much fishing and not much spending time with them. About the most I did last year was when Snipe and some others came and helped me harvest the hybrid striped bass that I raised from fingerling to about 6-8". My wife and I have been traveling, scuba diving and off road trail riding with Polaris General and a RZR so those activities have kept us busy and away from home much of the time. Since we took full retirement and had our farm equipment sale and cleanup auction, there has not been a big reason to keep us home like there used to be when we managed the farm. We have been enjoying full retirement.

Thanks again everyone. I keep getting better by a little bit every day. They tell me ribs take a couple months to heal. Best I can tell by looking at the motorcycle the other day, the deer hit the headlight and handle bars with its belly and my chest caught the upper part of the deer. That launched me off the motorcycle with me going to one ditch and the motorcycle going to the other. I had a good riding jacket on but even with it I had road rash on my left arm (now healed), a little on both legs and tremendous bruising around my waist and right side. After a month the bruise is about 2/3 gone. I'm getting there............just a lot slower than I would like.
1 member likes this
#542898 Jan 12th a 03:04 PM
by FishinRod
FishinRod
Originally Posted by Dave Davidson1
BTW, the bow hunting kid, 22 yoa, brought his electric bicycle to my place so the old guy didn’t have to walk back to where I want to hunt. I’m looking forward to trying that thing.

Riding a "stealth" bike to your blind sounds like a brilliant idea.

If riding in the dark, I would wear a helmet AND eye protection.

Riding back out to get your truck and cleaning gear after a successful hunt - sounds much better than walking out with "old man" knees after sitting in a cold blind for a few hours!
1 member likes this
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Recent Posts
YP Growth: Height vs. Length
by Snipe - 04/26/24 10:32 PM
What did you do at your pond today?
by esshup - 04/26/24 10:00 PM
Inland Silver sided shiner
by esshup - 04/26/24 09:48 PM
Non Iodized Stock Salt
by jmartin - 04/26/24 08:26 PM
What’s the easiest way to get rid of leaves
by Bill Cody - 04/26/24 07:24 PM
Happy Birthday Sparkplug!