Hey all,

New member here and was searching the forum but couldn't find what I was looking for. I had a pond dug due to some water issues. To make a long story short, my land is dead flat! I have a seasonal creek on the side of my property that goes out to a ditch under the road. The ditch/culvert is messed up and I have been fighting with VDOT on it for 2 years. They claim it isn't their problem. Basically the water can't get through so it builds up through my pasture/yard until it is high enough to go across the top of the road (as seen in the pictures).

Anyways, I dug a small retainment pond so I could take the dirt and pile it along my property line as a quick fix. The pond held water really good even though it was always muddy. So I figured it was time to do it right by making it bigger, adding an overflow, and grading things towards the pond since nothing feeds it but rain water. When they finish grading tomorrow my plan is to go put out a contractors mix which has rye grass and fescue. My concern is in the pond though. Should I plant that with something else? I am thinking that it will take a while for it to fill up and I am a little concerned about erosion if we have a big rain.

FLOODING:
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

NEW POND:
Attached Images