Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
JassyBorm, HenrysHollow, JP1, Savage, Taylor Boudreaux
17,480 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics39,229
Posts532,786
Members17,481
Most Online3,583
Jan 15th, 2020
Top Posters
esshup 25,868
ewest 20,752
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 13,856
Who's Online Now
15 members (KingfisherBoiler, RAH, highflyer, wbuffetjr, esshup, Augie, Theo Gallus, RStringer, Quarter Acre, Hilochee, Tentmaker Farm, Sunil, LeighAnn, FireIsHot, FishIowa), 189 guests, and 152 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Thread Like Summary
anthropic, gehajake, John Kruid, RStringer
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#533032 03/29/2021 11:25 PM
by John Kruid
John Kruid
I struggle with this every attempt I make. I have read the tutorial over and over. It seems the forum does not like apple products. I have to email pics from my iPhone to myself then drag the photo into the photo manager. It loads about 3/4 of the way and stops. Also some of the optional buttons I've been told to press do not appear to be on my mac version of your forum or however that works. If i try to load a photo from my phone it just says I can't load those file types. Again, if i simply email them then try they attempt to load and never complete. None of the files are too large. Thanks for any help again.
Liked Replies
by Bill Cody
Bill Cody
John - Don't feel bad for having difficulty posting photographs. I have some of the same problems which is why I do not post pictures. I don't need those type of difficulty and problems. So I have given up trying.
2 members like this
by canyoncreek
canyoncreek
We were told by the pondboss that the new version of the software would make the process of uploading photos easier. It was one of the main things folks requested when the invite for feedback went out. It is crazy clunky and difficult to do 5-6 steps just in order to have your picture show up in the body of the message. I don't know why the attachment manager can't upload and pop in the picture at the same time like most every other forum does.

I am on a Windows PC and struggle because the forum software even seems to reject .jpg and instead wants it to be a .jpeg?? I can't even get the forum to view properly on the chrome web browser on my android phone. The columns get all messed up.

Here is hoping we can someday we can have the picture conundrum fixed. Perhaps even some day have a mobile app so the 99% of us who take pictures on our cell phone can just upload right into a message right on the bank of the pond!
2 members like this
by esshup
esshup
Originally Posted by John Kruid
Here.... here... It doesn't load correctly on my iPhone either. It is nuts all the steps involved to add a pic,lol.
I'd like to post more and see others do the same, but I see why there aren't very many.

I use imgur as well. The photo has to be hosted on an on-line site before a link to it can be put here to have the photo show up.

Let me see if I can get your photos to show.

There, they show now. grin
1 member likes this
by Matzilla
Matzilla
https://www.flickr.com/ is super easy to use and works well with Apple via their app
Upload a photo, click share, paste the sharable URL to your post

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]IMG_7048 by ForgottenIowa, on Flickr
1 member likes this
by John Kruid
John Kruid
It won't take them straight from an iPhone. I will try the apps.
1 member likes this
by RStringer
RStringer
[Linked Image from forums.pondboss.com]
1 member likes this
Today's Birthdays
vein, wayner
Recent Posts
Best scope for 22 cal rifle
by RAH - 10/22/21 09:58 AM
Hello- Thoughts/Opinions appreciated!
by RStringer - 10/22/21 09:51 AM
Help identifying Species
by Hilochee - 10/22/21 09:34 AM
Trail cam pics
by esshup - 10/22/21 09:27 AM
14 acre lake - will aeration REMOVE buildup?
by esshup - 10/22/21 09:18 AM
4th pond filling
by esshup - 10/22/21 09:06 AM
How fish adapt. Sciency but fascinating!
by esshup - 10/22/21 08:54 AM
New pond / did my fish get stocked??
by esshup - 10/22/21 08:48 AM
Anderson Split Pea Soup
by nehunter - 10/22/21 08:12 AM
Laying Fiber Optics- Free Fish Habitat
by ewest - 10/21/21 03:07 PM
Can I Use Pond Sludge to Add / Fill In Shoreline?
by SkunkedAgain - 10/21/21 02:52 PM
Newly Uploaded Images
Tilapia indoors and out
Tilapia indoors and out
by highflyer, September 29
Naiad vs chara?
Naiad vs chara?
by marlin304, September 26
spreading bentonite
spreading bentonite
by Guppy1, September 20
Hurricanes and wildlife 1