Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
MidwestCass, Bucyrus22B, Steve Clubb, macman59, jm96
18,483 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,944
Posts557,788
Members18,483
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,508
ewest 21,490
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,141
Who's Online Now
1 members (Boondoggle), 896 guests, and 222 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Thread Like Summary
DannyMac, jpsdad, RStringer
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#531112 02/27/2021 3:42 AM
by Sunil
Sunil
I wanted to open up a thread about the purpose of the "Roll Call" thread so that more thoughts can be shared.

On the actual "Roll Call..." thread, please just put a single post there so we can use that thread to get a real count of active members.

And thanks and welcome to those who came out with a first post.

A lot of things have changed over the course of time with Pond Boss, Lusk, and the Forum. There have always been internal and open discussions of pros and cons with the forum. Most all of the discussions have been regarding what actions should be taken to preserve and improve the forum, and also considerations for what the forum does, business wise, and as a driver of business to the Pond Boss organization. As time had moved along, Lusk's businesses have changed and/or evolved, or morphed into new or different things.

So, this is an open thread to share any thoughts that you want to share.

On the "Roll Call..." thread, it seems that we have about (45-46) or so members who have replied thus far. I know the number is much greater, so don't be shy.
Liked Replies
#531165 Feb 28th a 03:24 PM
by Sunil
Sunil
One thing is certain from a business standpoint.... I'd rather be in control of the basket that my eggs are in than not.

People who have built a business stream or 'following' of FB have mostly found that FB eventually rains on the parade.

Social site, Parler, fell to that fatal flaw when Amazon Cloud shut them down.
1 member likes this
#531158 Feb 28th a 12:18 PM
by RAH
RAH
I think that "facts" have become "beliefs" which vary by what tribe we belong to, especially which political part we identify with. This is no more evident than for beliefs associated with the pandemic. I listen to both extremes of the news outlets, and they both employ selective reporting. When I want to understand a scientific area, I use Google Scholar. Sometimes differing views are expressed on this forum. If so, I head to the primary scientific literature and see what's been researched and what results were found. We are all naturally biased which is why scientists need to be trained to push that bias aside. Even so, double-blind studies are often conducted to avoid this bias, even for well-trained scientists. I find that it is enlightening to listen to my adult children to see what their views are. Just residing in an echo chamber does not promote growth. Respectful dialog among folks with different beliefs just doesn't happen enough.
1 member likes this
by Shorty
Shorty
If the forum migrates to FB, count me out.
1 member likes this
by Augie
Augie
Originally Posted by DannyMac
I am active on Face Book, but disappointed in offerings of similar forum type groups. Our forums present searchable encyclopedias of knowledge and on the spot members' experiential expertise, and ..the entertainment we enjoy of their documented experiences.

^^^^^That right there^^^^^

Facebook is fine for banter and chit-chat. It is not an archival platform. Poof - gone down the memory hole never to be seen again.

These "old fashioned" discussion boards are like time machines.
1 member likes this
Today's Birthdays
Froggy Joe
Recent Posts
What’s the easiest way to get rid of leaves
by Bill Cody - 04/18/24 08:53 PM
How many channel cats in 1/5 acre pond?
by Dave Davidson1 - 04/18/24 08:41 PM
1/4 HP pond aerator pump
by esshup - 04/18/24 06:58 PM
Hi there quick question on going forward
by Joe7328 - 04/18/24 11:49 AM