One thing I haven't noticed mentioned in here is birds as a dietary source. Most of the my bass that I gut contain swallows in their gut. I have always wondered why in spite of having many of them each spring that they all disappear by mid summer. I am used to dealing with all the mud nests everywhere on all the farms and ranches I grew up but no such issue here.

Then we started catching our bass and nearly every bass we have ever caught in the 15 to 20 inch range contains this when I gut them..

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

One might consider some bird houses to bring in birds to the pond. Not only a good source of food but it is amazingly cool to watch a big bass track a bird flying low over the water and jump out of the water and take the bird right out of the air. It is crazy how capable they are of tracking the bird and knowing where they will be. Also cool to watch is the bald eagles diving down and picking a large bass from our pond.

Our bass subsist off of basically insects and birds, we put catfish in the pond years ago and they thrived the first two years and there were a great many of them but then the bass ate them all and by year 4 there were no more catfish. So we keep the catfish in the other 4 ponds. I would love to have some Koi in the bass pond but there is no way they would survive the bass.