Originally Posted by catscratch
They are as heavy as you might think, and just getting them on a boat and into the water would have been a huge pain in the ass! Fortunate to have the pond freeze this winter.

Lol, no cinder blocks. It won't matter how they land on the bottom, it's a done deal as I'm not touching them again.

No clue if cats will spawn in them. My only hope is that they attract big bass and crappie, channels aren't a goal for me. Might be a consequence though.

Those piles of water main sound like a lot! Did you add any vertical cover with them? I'm planning on cedar and hedge being sunk on top of and around the tubes.

The CC spawning is more of a consequence then a benefit, I added them to my pond early, thinking that with a little feed they would make catching and table fare early on while my other fish eco is developing, and it worked, I was catching and eating fish within a yr, but now I find younger ones that had to have spawned in the lake, Oh well, the otters need something to eat, maybe they will attack them and leave my good fishing alone.

No I didn't place them at all, just backed up to the edge of the pond and dumped them in, wherever and however they landed was how they are, I do have tons of brush, stumps and logging treetop brush piles for plenty of cover. I do think the concrete pipes you put in there will make some awesome permanent cover.